This job posting has expired
IoT Application Developer
Location : Minneapolis, MN
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Our Thermo King business is connecting our transport HVAC and refrigeration products and providing digital solutions to help our customers efficiently protect drivers, passengers, and cargo. Using our connected solutions, our customers reduce fuel consumption, carbon emissions, and downtime while increasing the comfort and safety of passengers and shelf life of cargo, including essential cargo like food and pharmaceuticals.
We are hiring an experienced Application Developer, who will be responsible for analyzing and developing software for Thermo King’s connected products. In this role, you will be responsible for software development for web applications and mobile applications, along with integrations with Thermo King’s internal systems, and the systems and devices of our customers, dealers, and partners. You will collaborate with the IoT Architect, Product Owner, UX Designer, and other developers to develop those solutions, focusing on providing an excellent customer experience.
- Analyze solution requirements, feature requests, and defects to determine the best course of action to deliver reliable customer solutions
- Develop web and mobile customer-facing solutions and software improvements
- Ensure software meets all functional and non-functional requirements of quality, security, modifiability, extensibility, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in management of information systems, computer science, engineering or relevant field
- 7+ years working in application development
- Proven experience as an application developer for connected products (Internet of Things or IoT solutions)
- Strong software design skills with a deep understanding of object-oriented programming fundamentals and design patterns
- Extensive experience developing highly scalable software solutions for high volume platforms
- Strong coding skills with proven ability to write well-documented, maintainable, and testable code.
- Familiarity with embedded software development using C and a Linux kernel, preferably with telematics communications and components, including CAN Bus / J1939, Bluetooth/BLE, GSM AT Commands / Modem Integration, and PIC
- Experience building iOS and Android mobile applications using Objective-C, Swift, and Java
- Knowledge of software and application design
- Understanding of software quality assurance principles
- Familiarity with AWS DevOps capabilities preferred
- Strong communication abilities, both written and verbal