This job posting has expired
IOT SOLUTIONS ENGINEER
Location : Irvine, California (or) REMOTE
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
This is Us:
- We have a bold vision to connect 25 million vehicles by 2025
- We love what we do. We do what is right. We are always reaching.
- We adhere to our brand promise – to make the complex simple, the future predictable, and our customers successful.
With more than 4 million connected vehicles today, Spireon is an exciting player in the growing Connected Car and Internet of Things (IoT) technology categories. We help people and businesses track and protect their most important assets with vehicle intelligence solutions that gather Big Data and provide the critical insights with easy-to-use dashboards and apps.
This is You:
- experience working for an IOT, GPS, or Communications provider in an engineering and/or advanced technical role. Fulfillment experience a plus.
- Ability to create processes and procedure to monitor all data activity for fulfillment, cellular, and customers as well as train other engineering and technical teams on current and new products.
- Strong ability to train and troubleshoot issues with technologies using terminal and data software
- Ability to manage OTA updates and platforms
- Ability to work with hardware engineering and QA for firmware deployments
- Able to work with carriers and their terminology to be able to support and create solutions directly with the cellular providers including MVNO’s
- Ability to speak fluently to current and new cellular technologies for training and presentations to leadership and employees.
- Able to work with and understand local and wireless network infrastructures
- Able to work with flexible hours in a 24 hour a day fast paced environment
You reflect Spireon’s Core Values:
We Lead Through Innovation – You easily adapt to change, take on new responsibilities, embrace challenges and thrive in ambiguity
Our Customers Come First – You build client confidence, start with the customer in mind first, and ensure commitments are met
We Act With Integrity – We do the right thing for the company and our customers through Integrity
We Win As One - You are a collaborator, invite feedback from colleagues, and naturally do the right thing for the team
- Troubleshoot different systematic issues by identifying if problems are carrier, provisioning, network (internal or external) or RF related.
- Design new solutions to help improve reliability with our fulfillment teams in conjunction with our existing network infrastructure through our Network Operations teams.
- Work with device teams on testing new equipment as well as existing to identify issues and solutions.
- Consistent communication with all carriers (including MVNO’s) to ensure there is enough data given to our internal teams to ensure we have continuity between departments and management.
- Interaction with customer service teams to ensure they are properly trained on all changes
- Creating reports and technical documentation to utilize as reference and implementation for new and existing solutions
- Work with Product management and platform teams on new releases to ensure timely execution on new initiatives.
- Reports to Director of Solutions Engineering
- 5+ years of experience working for an IOT, GPS, or communications carrier in a combination Engineering, Technical and/or Sales Engineering.
- BS/MS in technology industry preferred
• Experience with working with IOT devices and solutions
• Experience with networking and SOAP or REST API a plus
• Experience with multiple technologies and working with OTA management
- Position requires flexible schedule and on call from time to time. 20% travel annually
- Data experience with ability to create SQL queries for troubleshooting and knowledge a plus
- A solid understanding in regard to device registrations and packet sessions
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work in a team environment is required
- Voted 2018 IoT Company of the Year by Compass Intelligence
- Work with the Best and Brightest Talent
- Stable, High Growth and Profitable Company
- Comprehensive Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K Plan)
- Flexible Schedule and Work Life Balance
- Wellness Programs, Spireon University for Learning and Development
- Happy Hours, Car Washes Onsite, Local Food Trucks, Fun Team Building Events
- Employee Discounts on Spireon Products and Services