This job posting has expired
Modem Design - Staff Engineer
Location : Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
- Candidate will be responsible for design & development of next generation modem sub systems for mobile phones, wearables and IOT chips. Candidate will be working on ASIC designs on the latest technology nodes. This role will require the candidate to understand and work on all aspects of VLSI development cycle like architecture, micro architecture, RTL design and integration along with close interactions with verification, SoC Design, Validation, Synthesis & PD teams for design convergence.
- 8-13 years of strong experience in digital front end design for ASICs
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Engineering in Electronics, VLSI, Communications or related field.
- Expertise in RTL coding in Verilog/VHDL/SV of complex designs with multiple clock domain
- Experience in low power design methodology and clock domain crossing designs
- Experience in Spyglass Lint/CDC checks and waiver creation
- Familiarity with various bus protocols like AHB, AXI
- Understanding of full RTL to GDS flow to interact with DFT and PD teams
- Experience in Modem/Wireless IP design is a plus
- Experience in post-Si debug is a plus
- Should possess good communication skills to ensure effective interaction with Engineering Management and team members.
- Should be self-motivated with good teamwork attitude and need to function with minimal guidance or supervision
- Digital design and development (RTL) working in close collaboration with Multi-site Teams across US and India and other Geos.
- Developing the micro architecture and implementing the design using Verilog/SV. Integrate and deliver complex subsystem to SoC
- Design and implement defined tasks independently.
- Work in close coordination with Systems, Verification, SoC team , SW team, PD & DFT teams to get the goals completed.
- Run various tool and Analyze reports/waivers : Spyglass, 0-in, DC-Compiler, Prime time, synthesis, simulation etc.
- Self-Motivated to Execute the defined tasks almost independently with minimal guidance
- If you need an accommodation, during the application/hiring process, you may request an accommodation by sending email to accommodation support
- To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.