This job posting has expired
Software Engineer 2
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
- We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
- Want to help drive the future of end user productivity using innovative technologies? Want to work across a variety of product groups and business organizations to leverage the latest and greatest technology?
- Then look no further
- End User Services Engineering (EUSE) delivers and runs services that create a highly productive work environment for all Microsoft employees.
- EUSE data platform, offers a 360⁰ view of the Employee Experiences by connecting operational data from services, applications, devices, IoT, network with user experience feedback. This information is transformed into actionable insights to enable intelligence based, personalized, interconnected Employee Experiences
- EUSE is looking for an experienced Software Engineer 2 to drive key aspects of the cross-Microsoft enterprise services transformation. The ideal candidate will play a significant role working with other senior technical engineering PMs, Software Engineers, and Architects across Microsoft to identify opportunities, coordinate solutions (adjust priorities, define new features, co-design/develop, etc.), and accelerate delivery of key technology services and capabilities to improve and ensure the best end-to-end customer and employee experiences.
- Working collaboratively with top engineers across Microsoft to drive effective technical solutions
- Coordinating with CSEO and PG leadership in project and strategy reviews
- Driving the company’s strategy and technical/data architecture for key technologies to achieve cross-company goals and alignment
- Architect, design, develop, and deliver high quality software that powers ever increasing demands of availability, reliability, security and performance of IT core tools.
- Stay on top of industry trends, standards from security and scalability perspective to Lead and influence design decisions to build services right ground up.
- Driving code and design reviews and take them closure
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure big data technologies.
- Should have a Computer Science or related degree; BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of Computer Science
- Strong Data Engineering background
- Experience with big data ecosystem: Azure Databricks, Hadoop, Spark, Scala, Python, Presto, Hive, airflow, luigi etc
- Experience with relational SQL databases like SQL Server, Azure SQL.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Knowledge of Azure Data factory is desirable.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: ADLS, Azure databricks, HDInsights, resource management
- Experience in DevOps and Agile methodologies
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Azure streaming analytics, Spark-Streaming, etc. Knowledge of lambda architecture is desirable
- Experience with Data warehousing fundamentals.
- Experience with Power BI is desirable
- Experience with data science and machine learning is desirable.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience in one or more automation languages (PowerShell, Python, C#)
- 8+ years software development experience in data engineering projects
Experience should entail some or all the below:
- 5+ years of experience delivering scalable and resilient services at large enterprise scale.
- Good at design patterns and their application.
- 2+ years of experience in data platforms including large-scale analytics on relational, structured and unstructured data
- Strong Azure Dev Ops (formerly Visual Studio Team Services).
- Experience with Agile project management techniques.
- Passion for using data and analytics to drive business value.
- Excellent interpersonal and group dynamic skills
- Strong written & verbal communication and presentation skills