This job posting has expired
Software Design (Web development) Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United states
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- As a member of the Software Engineering team, the Software Design Engineer will help build the core functionality of Gems’ IoT platform and integrate native and third-party products to the platform. The Software Design Engineer will join a small but growing team of talented people responsible for scaling, securing, and improving our platform and device offerings for clients in the Fluid Quality and Level sensing markets.
- Work on the core functionality of our cloud-based platform product – both front and back-end, deliver secure, reliable services, and construct third-party integrations. Perform product design and participate in design- and code-reviews; share best practices.
- Work closely with Test Engineer to analyze test coverage and gaps.
- Work effectively in a globally dispersed team.
- Generate requisite documentation
- Interface with other internal/external departments and customers to provide support, understand program/project requirements
- Provide technical direction in troubleshooting, Failure Analysis, Root Cause, and Corrective Action processes
- Support FBS initiatives
- Gems Sensors is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- 3+ years of experience developing web-based platforms and applications.
- Hands-on experience with front end languages (HTML/ CSS, JS, JQuery) backend languages (e.g. Java/Python/Go/C++) and modern web frameworks (e.g. Angular, React)
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. SQL, Cassandra, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache, Nginx), and UI/UX design.
- Knowledge of cloud providers (e.g. Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure) and work experience leveraging their services and APIs
- Experience with configuration management tools like bitbucket and git, Agile Project Management tools like Jira, CI/CD tools like Jenkins.
- Experience developing IoT platform.
- Knowledge on designing High Availability and fault-tolerant distributed systems.
- Fortive is a diversified industrial growth company comprised of global businesses that are recognized leaders in attractive markets. With more than $6 billion in annual revenues, Fortive’s well-known brands hold leading positions in field instrumentation, transportation, sensing, product realization, automation and specialty, and franchise distribution.
- Fortive is headquartered in Everett, Washington and employs a team of more than 24,000 research and development, manufacturing, sales, distribution, service and administrative employees in more than 40 countries around the world. Our team grows by tackling challenges that accelerate progress and further their careers. With a culture rooted in continuous improvement, the core of our company’s operating model is the Fortive Business System. For more information please visit: www.fortive.com .
- Gems Sensors & Controls (a Fortive company) designs and manufactures a broad portfolio of liquid level, flow, and pressure sensors, miniature solenoid valves, proximity switches and pre-assembled fluidic systems to exact customer application and manufacturing requirements. From agricultural equipment to locomotives to medical devices, Gems products make a difference in the world you interact with every day.