This job posting has expired
Software Eng Manager
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
Primary Location: Bangalore
Travel: Up to approximately 10%
- Honeywell International Inc. is a Fortune 100 industrial technology company that makes a variety of commercial and consumer solutions, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers, from private consumers to major corporations and governments. The company operates four business units, known as Strategic Business Units – Honeywell Aerospace, Honeywell Building Technologies (HBT), Safety and Productivity Solutions (SPS), and Honeywell Performance Materials and Technologies (PMT).
- We are building a smarter, safer and more sustainable world. That’s the power of Connected. That’s the power of Honeywell. Our company invents and manufactures technologies that address some of the most critical challenges around energy, safety, security, productivity and global urbanization.
- We are uniquely positioned to blend physical products with software to support connected systems that improve buildings, factories, utilities and aircraft and that enable a safer, more comfortable and more productive world. Our solutions enhance the quality of life of people around the globe and create new markets and even new industries.
- Honeywell Connected Safety and Productivity (CSP) Line of business is a leading provider of connected sensing and logistics solutions. These offerings drive measurable business results for customers. The business is focused on outcome-based software solutions and engineering services, converting data into actions for the customer which enables greater reliability, safety and uptime & profitability. These solutions uniquely combine domain expertise and industry proven technology.
- The Manager - Software Engineering is a leadership role responsible for the conceptualization, design, development, launch and ongoing evolution of IoT solutions within CSP. Critical to the success of this role is the candidate’s ability to understand the products and services of Honeywell Connected Safety and Productivity (e.g., their end-user’s needs and application, key business issues). Equally critical is the ability to translate business requirements into practical application, ensuring that concepts get fully executed into product offerings that achieve a defined business outcome (e.g., business process improvement, new services innovation, end-user client analytics and business insight). The powerful combination of Forge Enterprise Performance Management consisting of advanced software application and data insight should deliver significant results measured by enhanced customer satisfaction, new services innovation, operational efficiencies and annuitized revenues.
- The Manager - Software Engineering will lead a first line engineering team based in HCE’s offices in Bangalore. The emphasis of the job is on development of new IoT solutions integrated with sensing technology from Honeywell’s Safety and Productivity SBG.
The Manager – Software Engineering will have a broad set of responsibilities that will encompass the following:
- Lead a software engineering organization responsible for design, development, testing and delivery of an enterprise class cloud native platform using agile development methodologies
- Attract and lead next gen digital talent team to drive Honeywell Connected engineering goals.
- Drive growth and innovation within a culture of technology, research, development and engineering functions by facilitating an environment of teamwork and desire to be the best.
- Collaborate and partner with Product Management and other organizations to plan and execute development projects, and to ensure that teams have appropriate product and technical specifications, direction, and resources to deliver projects on an aggressive, but achievable timeline
- Engage with customers/prospects with unique ability to create partnerships over contractual relationships
- Drive culture of continuous process improvement and innovation through leadership skills. Oversee the process and culture change from waterfall model to agile development methodologies
- Drive financial performance by meeting expense and capital budgets as well as developing budgets to fund growth programs supporting business goals.
- The ideal candidate will have a broad experience which includes engineering R&D, software development, application development and middleware, cloud/platform computing, and software as a service (SaaS).
- General management skills will include: business management acumen, experience in product development & management with the technical depth to marry both engineering and product development process, the entrepreneurial mindset to creatively solve engineering challenges and the negotiation and collaboration skills required to work with others effectively in an agile environment.
- Technical management skills will include: knowledge of the Internet of Things (IOT) technology stack including connectivity protocols, software technologies like >NET/Java/Kafka/React native/Mobile Platforms, etc., time series databases, public cloud platforms such as MSFT Azure, big data analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, asset and performance management, and working knowledge of DevSecOps principles including CI/CD.
- Cultural & Diversity skills will include: experiences in building a diverse workforce. Our teams live by its ‘teach and learn’ mantra. We value our more seasoned engineers because they bring additional value to our company by using their years of experience to guide the next generation. We also continue to support their professional development by paying for conferences, advanced degrees, and involvement in local and national organizations. Honeywell has a strategic goal to make our company stronger and work better by growing diversity. Although we welcome all qualified candidates to apply, we especially encourage women and other groups underrepresented in technology.
- At least five years developing SaaS solutions
- At least five years developing software using Agile methodologies
- At least three years developing Internet of Things (IoT) solutions
- At least five years of engineering management experience
- Atleast 2 years building mobile apps
- Bachelor’s of Science in Engineering or Computer Science, from a school with a strong program in technology research and development/project management is required.
The Eight Honeywell Behaviours
Have a Passion for Winning
- Understand and beat the competition. Never give up in the face of resistance/setbacks. Have fearless accountability for results. Be consumed with making things better and an insatiable curiosity for learning
Be a Zealot for Growth
- Solve problems and see the world through the customer’s eyes. Promote confidence and trust. Aggressively focus on new opportunities and obsess over growth. Understand what creates value for customers. Promote a customer-centric organization that has a deep understanding of the needs of our customers.
Think Big…Then Make It Happen
- Dream of the possibilities instead of limitations. Be willing to re-examine almost anything. Innovate with agility, iterate, test, try, take risks. Translate the best ideas into realistic, pragmatic, executable plans.
Act with Urgency
- Act quickly when faced with ambiguity. Get the facts that you can, think, and then move with lightning speed. Use speed as a differentiator. Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
- Take bold action on what you believe is right. Confront problems directly. Be comfortable being unpopular when required. Take on seemingly impossible goals and work out of your comfort zone.
- Over deliver on commitments. Be committed to putting in your maximum work effort and always do what you say. Be the someone people trust to get things done and deliver.
- Empower, develop, and set high expectations of direct reports, peers, and others. Accept and appreciate differences. Be inclusive, bring others with you, achieve things you never thought possible, and celebrate your wins.
Become Your Best
- Seek and accept feedback wherever you can get it, decide what to change, and go for it. Be authentic, be curious, be confident and humble. Be aware of your own biases and work to overcome them. Read others’ reactions and adjust as you go. Bounce back from disappointments. To learn more about Honeywell and our other career opportunities, please visit our website at www.Honeywell.com as an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
You Must Have
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or Computer Science
- Understanding of software development lifecycles
- Significant relevant experience
- Knowledge of software configuration management and change management practices
- Diverse and global collaboration
- Effective communicator
- Wide degree of creativity and latitude
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to find the correct balance between demand and capacity when establishing priorities for the organization.
- Analytical skills & software development skills
- JOB ID: HRD109390
- Category: Engineering
- Location: HW Camp II,Bldgs 9A&9B,Plot C2,RMZ Ecoworld,Varturhobli,Sarjapur Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,Bangalore,KARNATAKA,560103,India