This job posting has expired
IoT Application Support Engineer
Location : Exton, PA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Customer Support Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- PTC is looking for talented, enthusiastic, and career-minded individuals to join our Internet of Things (IoT) Support Services team where you will have the opportunity to work with leading Technology across a range of industries. You will be responsible for delivery of Product and Application Support to our customers and partners while working alongside a highly talented and collaborative team.
- IoT Technical Support Engineers possess a high level of competency on the IoT Platform and Edge device connectivity technologies. This person will assume a combination of responsibilities working with our customers, partners, and the greater IoT Team to resolve software issues, address questions, or guide on best practices related to development and deployment of IoT applications. As a member of the IoT Support Services team, you will have substantial opportunity to grow and advance your career along support services, technical services, management, or related paths through comprehensive training programs and experience.
- Work with End Users, System Administrators, Field Consultants, Developers, and Engineers at customer sites to diagnose reported software issues and address questions related to installation, configuration, development environment, operation, and general best practices on the IoT platform.
- Use of case management tool to log and track issue status and related activities.
- Create and publish knowledge articles for re-use by customers and PTC employees.
- Opportunities to train, mentor, and participate in continual training and personal improvement will arise as the candidate develops their skills. Candidate must be willing to take on new challenges.
- A strong capacity and desire to develop customer service and communication skills. The candidate will be expected to understand a customer needs, put themselves in the customer’s shoes, and guide the customer’s expectations. We ask our engineers to be the voice of the customer back to the company and experience in working with customers is desired.
- The ability to manage multiple urgent issues in parallel.
- The confidence, communication and interpersonal skills to lead customers in urgent or critical situations.
- The desire to learn new soft and technology skills and the desire to coach, mentor and train peers throughout the organization.
- The ability to work with team mates in a collaborative manner to achieve a mission.
- Presentation skills to prepare and present to large and small groups on technical and functional topics.
- Experience installing, configuring and administering Web-based applications, Relational Databases, and Open-Source Projects (such as Apache Web-Server, Apache Tomcat).
- Working knowledge of ANSI SQL
- An understanding of network communications, switches, routers, server, video, and mobile equipment.
- An understanding of machine communication protocols and web services development including use of a REST API.
- Knowledge of storage networking/cloud computing
- Able to produce audience-appropriate technical communications with management, support personnel, and the customer.
- Experience in implementation, support, consulting or development in enterprise business applications on Java and other web related technologies
- Exceptional diagnostic ability and skilled in using industry standard tools and techniques monitoring, tuning and/or changing complex applications to optimize the product to perform to customer expectations
- Extensive experience with aspects of enterprise application suites (networks, database configuration, server configuration, Web Server optimization, load balancing hardware, device configuration and communication, Web application security).
- Experience working with hardware sensors, devices, machines, or industrial PLC’s and their respective network communication protocols.
- The ability to analyze details and synthesize the "big picture" from incomplete or ambiguous data.
- Ability to influence and gain cooperative relationships with wide range of audiences ranging from executives to technical specialists.
- Able to develop a coherent plan of action that meets everyone’s needs to resolve a given situation as quickly as possible.
- Able to revise actions plans as new data is obtained.
- Working knowledge of Oracle or SQL RDBMS
- Experience working with technically diverse teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Channel of communication may include online community forum.
- Customer Satisfaction focus, both internal and external, with strong relationship skills
- 1-3 years' hands on experience in a related support, services, or software development field that utilized technical and soft skills.
- Fluent in the following languages: German, English and/or French
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or similar fields
PTC Company Description
Why Join Us and Benefits Summary