Startups need team members that can wear many hats at different times. You are technical, passionate, able to pivot, able to lead and inspire, charged by solving large, complex problems, ready to roll up your sleeves and a blast to work with. As a research developer in Microsoft’s Applied Sciences Group, you will use software and firmware to build new technologies for user experiences on a new class of devices. You will build prototypes that investigate and demonstrate the feasibility of these new concepts.
- Experience writing correct and efficient C/C++ code, for various desktop, cloud and embedded platforms
- Understand web technologies and developing single page applications
- Specify, describe, and track these systems in ways that support collaboration with others in and outside of our group, with potential handoff to product organization.
- Independently Design and defend high quality user experiences that delight our customers
- Be comfortable with a fast paced environment and a high level of ambiguity
- Experience using Source control, including Git
- Have familiarity with mobile app development in iOS or Android
- End to end project development experience including the research and incubation phases of a commercial project
- Strong design skills and tooling knowledge
- Passion for devices and IoT
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form. Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.