In this role, you will contribute to the development of HZO’s next-generation chemical vapor deposition (CVD) technologies by executing experiments, collecting and analyzing metrology data, and working hands-on with HZO’s proprietary deposition equipment. This position reports to the Director of Coating Technology and will work collaboratively with other teams within HZO. The ideal candidate will have prior experience with vacuum deposition processes and equipment.Responsibilities:
- Operate, modify, and maintain CVD equipment. Assist on new prototype builds.
- Characterize deposited films using optical spectroscopy, water vapor transmission rate, and microscopy. Perform other tests, as needed.
- Execute designed experiments to evaluate new CVD processes.
- Document and communicate results to varied audiences.
- Create or maintain documentation that support process quality, equipment maintenance, and safety initiatives.
- Maintain a safe, orderly, and clean work area. Adhere to standard manufacturing and laboratory practices.
- Work after hours and/or weekends as required.
- Occasionally walk short to moderate distances
- Must be able to stand for long amounts of time.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- M.S. in a relevant science or engineering program and at least 2 years of experience in vacuum deposition of thin films.
- Candidates without a degree but with significant demonstrated success in vacuum deposition of thin films will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and communications skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Microsoft Office Suite.
- SPC, DOE, and structured problem solving.
- Statistical analysis software (JMP, Minitab)
What We Do
HZO is the global leader in delivering world-class protective nano coatings that safeguard electronics from the most demanding environments – be it water, humidity, salt fog, or corrosive materials. We work with some of the world’s most respected brands across markets including consumer electronics, automotive, industrial, medical, and IoT to deliver a more resilient, reliable, and durable level of protection. Our thin film solutions drive real value by helping companies minimize the costs associated with unnecessary repairs or service calls, mitigate the risks associated with product failures, and grow sustainable revenue. Our unique approach has HZO well-positioned for exponential global growth in the years ahead.
Who We Are
At HZO, we bring together people, process, capital equipment and material science, leveraging an ever-expanding patent portfolio, to create unique solutions for our clients, whether it’s on premise or in one of our Centers of Excellence. Our global team brings our mission to life through relentless innovation, seamless collaboration, and flawless execution. We hold ourselves accountable to the highest performance standards, placing the customer at the heart of everything we do. We cultivate a culture of belonging which prohibits discrimination and harassment, and we are committed to maintaining a workplace where everyone adds value and anyone can make a difference.
How We Hire & Promote
HZO embraces the best of diversity, equity and inclusion by providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and career advancement to employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Only through these actions do we believe we can realize the full potential of our employees.