This job posting has expired
Software Engineer- II-Hive/Tez
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
As an engineer of Hive/Tez, you will be part of engineering team that focus on Apache Hive, Tez and LLAP. You will work closely with experts in other Open-source projects in Hadoop ecosystem and build containerized, highly scalable, faster performing enterprise ready big-data platforms on Microsoft Azure for supporting data warehousing, machine learning and IoT applications. You will also collaborate with customers to on-board them into HDInsight clusters, understand their use-cases to build features and debug issues on their live/production/test clusters.
Successful candidates will have excellent experience in one or more of these areas:
- Delivering Cloud services in an engineering role.
- Committing or contributing to any Open-Source big data technologies.
- Enterprise products design and implementation (Java/C#/C++)
- Good exposure to Azure stack including Storage, Compute and Network.
- Building relationships with customers and partners across geographies to understand business goals and technical requirements.
- Owning the products and driving them end to end, all the way from gathering requirements, development, testing, deployment to ensuring high availability post deployment.
- Contribute to the architecture & design of the products.
- Helping evolve engineering practices & principles that marry the flexibility of open source and fast pace of service world.
- Ensuring the consistency of designs of features and components for high availability, reliability, security and Scale.
- Debugging customer issues in their live/production/test clusters and implement solutions to restore service with minimal disruption to the customer and business. Perform root cause analysis, trend analysis and post-mortems.
Academics: B.E/ B.Tech or equivalent degrees in Computer Science (Masters is a plus).
Overall Experience: 3 - 8 years
- Good experience in Database internals and preferably SQL engine (query planner, optimizer, executor) of any commercial database systems.
- Good experience in building and maintaining any distributed computing data platforms.
- Clean coding habits with proficiency in Java/C#/C++.
- Good experience in Big-Data platforms with deep understanding of Apache Hive, Tez and/or ORC (Preferably Committer or PMC in any of these open-source technologies).
- Good understanding of cloud technologies such as storage, compute and security.
- Good knowledge in Container Orchestration - automates the deployment, management, scaling, networking using Kubernetes.