This job posting has expired
Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Palo Alto, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of embedded software development experience
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- AWS is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer obsessed with customer success, passionate about simplification and design-thinking, and excited to dive deep into an opportunity to change the way the world moves with new products for automotive companies and riders. Our technical challenges involve low latency back-end software architecture, edge computing, applied science, and human factor engineering. We develop and apply quantitative algorithms (e.g. machine learning, computer vision, AR/VR) to make vehicle and passenger process analysis relevant and actionable for vehicle operations and applications. We build software and information systems to manage vehicle data, train models and apply them to broad automotive use cases at global scale.
- Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. We cultivate a welcoming and inclusive culture, and recognize the importance of a good work/life balance, with flexible schedules and work-at-home options depending upon the role. The team members comprise a wide range of skill sets and experience levels, providing opportunities for new members both to be mentored and for mentorship.
- This position will be involved in creating state of the art embedded software stacks that will run in vehicles to enable the next generation automotive application ecosystem.
- If you are interested in being part of the future of in car experience and relate to Amazon's Leadership Principles (https://www.amazon.jobs/principles), please apply: we would love to explore opportunities for you on our team.
- Master’s Degree or PhD in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working on embedded operating systems (Linux, Android, QNX, or other RTOS)
- Experience with the lifecycle of automotive or consumer device development and production
- Experience in high performance software with computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience designing secure IoT software for embedded Microcontrollers (ARM, PIC, etc.) in a production environment
- Demonstrated experience debugging/troubleshooting embedded systems, including real-time tools
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role