This job posting has expired
Senior Software Engineer - Embedded
Location : Louisville, KY
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Job Posting TitleSenior Software Engineer - Embedded
The ChallengeAre you looking to work in a collaborative environment that drives growth and innovation? Come join the firmware design team & help develop the embedded controls for the next generation of high-end, consumer friendly, & energy efficient appliances. We are applying the latest techniques in software development such as Agile, TDD, Continuous Integration, and Testing Automation to embedded software. Every day, we push ourselves to find innovative solutions, produce higher quality code, and deliver it on schedule.
What We do:
- We’re doing a lot of work towards making connected appliances — this means creating both highly debuggable platforms for development as well as enabling Internet of Things (IoT) functionality We use the industry-leading version control system Git
- We work in a resource-constrained environment with (generally) no heap, and primarily run bare metal but some projects use an RTOS
- We use continuous integration to automate builds and identify issues quickly
Why You Want to Join Us:
- We are Agile!
- We’re heavily invested in Test Driven Development (TDD) which is a great way to work
- Participate in next generation features, system architecture definition, and end-to-end implementation from early prototype to full production release.
- We provide learning opportunities, challenges, and support for our software engineers.
- MacBook Pros are available to our developers and the vast majority choose to use a Mac
Where You can work
- Louisville, KY (preferred), Atlanta, GA, and Chattanooga, TN
What you will need to succeed
- B.S. Electrical, Computer or Software Engineering or equivalent
- 7+ Years Embedded Software Development
- Experience with formal software development process (such as Agile)
- Project planning and project leadership skills and experience
- Experience in Embedded Software Development Tools & software languages: C
- Knowledgeable of theory and use of Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Passion for software
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Software Languages: C++, Lua, JS
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Experience working with global software development team
- Experience using emulators, oscilloscopes, simulators and software analysis tools
- Experience developing in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with resource limited microcontrollers
- Experience with UL60730 (UL1998)
GE Appliances is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.