This job posting has expired
Engineering Manager – Cloud Native Edge AI
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Intel's IOT business is building world-class engineering products for Cloud to Edge deployment of AI-centric applications. Developer Enabling ( DE) team build platforms and products that simplify complex develops for oure developers and customers . We keep developers happy by removing complexity. Developer Enabling team is growing in India and we are looking for strong engineering leaders to help us build and grow core capabilities for our business
- We are looking for a engineering leader who will drive the execution of DevCloud of the Edge platform . DevCloud at the Edge is a flagship platform from IOTG -DE team and we are now building container First Architecture as our evolution of this platform. The aim is to scale to 100k developers globally using a hybrid cloud infrastructure and deploy state of art AI workflows for developers and customers to build, deploy and benchmark .
- As an Engineering manager, you would drive specific engineering functions and lead the team towards delivering for the business goals. The Engineering functions can span design , development and deployment of the DevCloud for the Edge platform. You shall manage functional deliveries that are large in scope w. multiple cross org stakeholders and dependencies across multiple geos . You will manage interdependences and integration among multiple components of the program .
- You will lead , facilitate and make decisions that help the team, products and platforms . As a manager of your team , You will be responsible for hiring , retention and growth of the team members and setting up structures and methodologies that push towards continuous improvement . You shall be hands on as needed to deep dive into technical issues and help drive resolution. You will interface with exec leadership as needed and ensure team's deliverables are direction are in sync with overall org direction. You shall grow key technical and engineering next level leaders and help build the organization. You shall maintain a close connect with the customers / developers thro your role and bring in ideas and opinions to the table to influence the organization roadmaps
- You shall be a change agent to bring about right intel and DE cultural values to the team and ensure a vibrant , motivated team is delivering towards the charter
- Bachelors/Masters in engineering from a reputed institute . Shall have around 15 years of overall industry experience with atleast 3-4 years of leading medium sized teams.
- Proven experience in leading large software projects thro the entire lifecycle and delivering to customers .
- Proven experience in building Cloud based platforms and products having executed and deployed Cloud stacks/ platforms/ products .
- Proven ability to build strong technical teams, engage and grow teams that have delivered significant business value .
- Should have been an influencer with demonstrated capabilities to steer key business/ program decisions .
- Should have hired and nurtured key technical members in the team . Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiate a win-win situation .
- Excellent communication , presentation and negotiation skills
- End to end Lifecycle management - requirements to delivery and support of large Software projects
- Deep exposure to Cloud native software development environments and technologies
- Good understanding of AI applications and workflows
- Employees of the Internet of Things Solutions Group (IOTG) have an exciting opportunity before them: To grow Intel's leadership position in the rapidly evolving IoT market by delivering the best silicon, software and services that meet a wide range of customer requirements - from Intel® Xeon® to Intel® Quark®. The group, a fresh, dynamic collaboration between Intel's Intelligent Solutions Group and Wind River Systems, utilizes assets from across all of Intel in such areas as industrial automation, retail, automobiles and aerospace. The IOTG team is dedicated to helping Intel drive the next major growth inflection through productivity and new business models that are emerging as a result of IoT.
- Intel prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.
- It has come to our notice that some people have received fake job interview letters ostensibly issued by Intel, inviting them to attend interviews in Intel’s offices for various positions and further requiring them to deposit money to be eligible for the interviews. We wish to bring to your notice that these letters are not issued by Intel or any of its authorized representatives. Hiring at Intel is based purely on merit and Intel does not ask or require candidates to deposit any money. We would urge people interested in working for Intel, to apply directly at www.jobs.intel.com and not fall prey to unscrupulous elements.