This job posting has expired
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Cognizant is seeking skilled, self-starting GIS Developers to join our IoT Center of Excellence to support lifecycle GIS design and implementation services. You are a subject matter specialist and thought leader-comfortable challenging the status quo to enhance our current services and technologies. You will be critical in facilitating the expansion of system functionalities to meet the digital transformation goals of our organization. Excellent opportunities exist for career progression within this expanding global team.
- Open (work remotely)
- You must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
- Intelligent, IoT-enabled products will soon result in the proliferation of data and the disruption of virtually all industries. To be successful, companies will need to leverage IoT capabilities to design products that create connections between people and processes. Within Cognizant Connected Products, we engineer industry-aligned, IoT-enabled products that work to join industry needs with human drivers. These intelligent products will continue to result in exciting, transformative outcomes. Without human-centered thinking, connected products are just things—but with it, they can facilitate a unified way of life enjoyed by all.
- Direct activities of the development team, understand the technologies implemented, and interface with the project manager on status and technical issues.
- Solve and articulate complex problems with application design, development, and user experiences
- Ensure that ArcGIS software meets real-world usage scenarios
- Design responsive and intuitive user interfaces for desktop, and web systems
- Collaborate with other developers and designers, and assist with technical matters when required
- Collaborate with customers to scheme, develop and put geospatial software program packages into effective use
- Perform as a task leader or GIS Developer, depending on the situation.
- Ensures the timely completion and approvals of project deliverables
- Manages technical resources within budget and project schedules
- Identifies project risks and plans/implements mitigation actions
- Recommends new technologies and techniques for application development
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related program
- Experience in Requirement Gathering, Business co-ordination and maintaining traceability matrix.
- 5+ years’ experience in developing applications with ESRI products including ArcObjects and ArcFM objects
- 2+ years of experience in ArcSDE.
- Strong experience across a broad range of GIS IT related skill areas including security, ArcGIS server installation, desktop and handheld support, ESRI based enterprise applications, web applications and desktop development
- Experience with design, integration and implementation of ArcGIS for Server-based enterprise GIS solutions
- Ability to create complete and detailed documentation (architecture, troubleshooting, procedures, specifications, proposals etc.)
- Experience in administering /configuring /implementing /customizing Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online
- Proficiency with Python and ArcPy / GIS/Notebooks modules
- Experience creating ArcGIS Server geo-processing services
- Extensive knowledge in ESRI and ArcFM Product suite
- Knowledge of client Data Migration, Implementation/Application upgrade
- In depth knowledge and experience in performance tuning SDE Database
- Extensive Hands on experience with electrical distribution and transmission systemds in the GIS space.
- Knowledge and experience with editing scenarios in a multiuser Geodatabase
- Demonstrated ability to support business end users and production issues.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills. skills
- Knowledge of Energy and utility domain is an advantage
- Cognizant is always looking for top talent. We are searching for candidates to fill future needs within the business. This job posting represents potential future employment opportunities with Cognizant. Although the position is not currently available, we want to provide you with the opportunity to express your interest in future employment opportunities with Cognizant. If a job opportunity that you may be qualified for becomes available in the future, we will notify you. At that time you can determine whether you would like to apply for the specific open position. Thank you for your interest in Cognizant career opportunities.
Shift : Day Job
Job Posting : Feb 21 2021
About Cognizant Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH)
- Cognizant is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
- Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
- Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.