This job posting has expired
Network Design Engineer (Government)
Location : San Diego, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Network Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- AT&T Global Public Sector is a trusted provider of secure, IP enabled, cloud-based, network solutions and professional services to the Federal Government . We are dedicated to recruiting, developing and empowering a diverse, high-performing workforce that is passionate about what they do, committed to our shared values and dedicated to our customers’ mission.
- Our Defense Team supports our Nation’s warfighters, providing trusted professional support services.
- AT&T has an opening to support Naval Facilities and Engineering Command (NAVFAC) in developing solution engineering and supporting IoT data integration efforts as well as providing persistent subject matter expertise during the operational phases for all IoT building programs.
- Have extensive technical knowledge and experience performing the installation, configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting of cellular router networks.
- Fundamental knowledge of and experience with enterprise building environmental control systems equipment, operation, and infrastructure, including HVAC, alarms, entry systems, etc.
- Serve as technical lead resource responsible for designing small, medium, or large-scale mobile-to-mobile or mobile-to-AVPN networks on a local or regional level.
- Familiar with Cisco 4000, 1000 and 800 Series Integrated Services Routers.
- Ability to connect and integrate assets via cellular routers.
- Experience in configuration and troubleshooting MPLS, VPN, IPSEC tunnels.
- Ability to configure cellular routers to comply with the current STIG per established guidance.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Troubleshoot systems and internetworking problems at the highest levels.
- Provide technical leadership for establishing the best possible options for designing and deriving the best solutions based on sound analytical judgment, team input and the customers’ best interest.
- ls commensurate with the duties and responsibilities.
- Travel requirement: Approximately 25%.
- Secret clearance or ability to obtain one.
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institute in an area applicable to this position and 4+ (four or more) years of relevant experience; or 2+ years of relevant experience and a master’s degree; or 6+ years of relevant experience and no degree. Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Routing and Switching certification. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work autonomously on multiple projects.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE Routing and Switching).
- Working knowledge of control system manufactures such as Siemens, Schneider, Johnson controls, Honeywell, Eaton, Carrier, etc. Working knowledge of commonly used building networks and network topologies: Modbus, BACnet, Lon Works, Ethernet/IP. Ability to connect and integrate routers into BMS/ICS via cellular routers, and secure Virtual Private Networks (VPN's).
- AT&T will consider for employment qualified applicants in a manner consistent with the requirements of federal, state and local laws. AT&T is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we are committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V