This job posting has expired
Digital Design Engineer
Location : San Diego, CA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > ASICS Engineering
- Qualcomm is a company of inventors that unlocked 5G ushering in an age of rapid acceleration in connectivity and new possibilities that will transform industries, create jobs, and enrich lives. But this is just the beginning. It takes inventive minds with diverse skills, backgrounds, and cultures to transform 5Gs potential into world-changing technologies and products. This is the Invention Age - and this is where you come in.
- The Digital Design Engineer is an integral part of a Bluetooth team responsible for developing Bluetooth, 15.4 or other WPAN wireless technologies combined with CPU, memory system, security, and IP. In this role, you will participate in and/or lead the integration of that IP into the company’s world class integrated circuits targeted at cell phone, tablet, IOT, and automotive applications. You will develop and contribute to the specifications of the IP and drive the micro-architecture discussion for it. You will work with engineers to develop and deliver the design and test it at unit-level and integrated-level test benches. Using these platforms, you will be responsible for debugging your designs at connectivity module level, and chip level modes. You will assist with the timing closure of your designs. You will make regular contributions to the overall improvement in design methodology to drive productivity and initiatives
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 2+ years ASIC design, verification, or related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 3 years of experience in digital ASIC design.
- ASIC frontend development for low power applications.
- Hardware description languages (Verilog, System Verilog).
- AMBA bus standards such as AXI, AHB, and ACE.
- Synopsys DC/Prime Time or similar tools.
- Scripting/programming in C/C++, TCL, Perl/Csh or Python.
- Demonstrable knowledge of Bluetooth, BT Low Energy, 15.4, NFC, UWB or similar wireless communication systems, including protocol layer, modem, and radios.
- Knowledge and working experience on WIFI/LTE/Bluetooth coexistence is a plus.
- Knowledge of signal processing techniques used in RF communications.
- Familiarity with FPGA-based emulation platforms.
- Demonstrable expertise in implementing complex multi-domain synchronization and pipelining design techniques.
- Contributions in the bring-up of an SOC.
- Demonstrable organizational skills and ability to forecast and meet milestone dates tracked in Microsoft or equivalent tool.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. The candidate will coordinate activities across continents.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able participate in the hiring process. Qualcomm is also committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities. Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies
Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers .