This job posting has expired
Senior QA Engineer
Location : Portland, OR
Headquarters : Trondheim, Norway
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Nordic Semiconductor is a Norwegian fabless semiconductor company specializing in wireless communication technology that powers the Internet of Things (IoT). Nordic was established in 1983 and has more than 1000 employees across the globe. Our award-winning Bluetooth Low Energy solutions pioneered ultra-low power wireless, making us the global market leader. Our technology range was later supplemented by ANT+, Thread and Zigbee, and in 2018 we launched our low power, compact LTE-M/NB-IoT cellular IoT solutions to extend the penetration of the IoT. The Nordic portfolio was further complemented by Wi-Fi technology in 2021.
About the job
Nordic Semiconductor´s R&D capacity is expanding. We are looking to recruit talented, experienced embedded SW Test Developers to join our world-leading team to help develop and grow our portfolio.
Working with embedded SW in agile development projects, you will be responsible for developing automated test cases and maintaining build & test automation frameworks, according to the principles of Continuous Integration. You will initially focus on establishing test servers and test implementation of FW stack protocol and applications on various domains including LTE SDK, GPS and Application level SW. Some travelling might be expected.
- Establishing test servers in Portland with different carrier providers and execute Regression tests on Continuous Integration Systems
- Assist with the Certification Process for Device management (lwM2M) with different carrier vendors
- Automate and execute acceptance and conformance tests for releases
- Programming in embedded C for the target side for test case development and in Python on the PC side for test control and automation
- Full path verification and validation, from nRF devices to nRFcloud
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor or Master in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar
- Experience or education with embedded FW development and micro-controllers
- Experience in test development and automation in cellular architectures and protocols
- Knowledge of embedded C programming and Python
- Knowledge about test infrastructure development and automation using Continuous Integration
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
We are looking for a team player with strong collaboration skills and the ability to work independently. We hope that you are curious to learn, eager try out new things and continuously improve, while acknowledging that failure is an important part of learning. You will be part of a fast-paced environment in developing cutting edge technology products.
Working for Nordic
Working for Nordic Semiconductor, you will be challenged, inspired and supported. Our teams enjoy a professional and informal working environment. We value and encourage continuous development of skills and expertise to the highest levels. We are proud of our Norwegian heritage, our highly skilled international workforce, world-leading innovation and professional excellence. We offer a variety of tasks and projects and the possibility to work alongside some of the world’s leading experts within their field. We encourage our employees to challenge the established and dare to innovate, while expecting high performance, dedication and the will to learn.
- Competitive salary with short- and long-term incentive plan
- Flexible working hours
- 401k plan
- Medical insurance
- Family friendly policies, insurances, and benefits
- Location: Portland, Oregon, USA
For more information, please contact: Shanthalakshmi Shankar by E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Please note that this position might be subject to a background check.