This job posting has expired
Software Development Engineer
Location : Arlington, VA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
Our vision is a world where customers can find and buy any book in any language on Amazon; where publishers and authors can distribute their titles across Amazon’s websites without having to hold any physical inventory; where every title is always “in-stock” and customer orders are manufactured in real-time and delivered on-time; where we seek out latest technology trends to build exciting new on-demand products for customers.
We’re recruiting an enthusiastic software development engineer to make a profound impact to invent solutions that enable and optimize the world-wide network of manufacturing centers operating 24/7 and always at peak performance.
You will have the opportunity to leverage your technical skills in areas such as Internet of Things (IoT), computer vision, sensor/camera networks, low-latency/high availability distributed systems, cloud computing, device integration, data processing, workload scheduling, workflow optimization, and much more. You will be responsible for contributing to the team’s roadmaps, mentoring engineers, and collaborating with a diverse group of business and technical partners to shape the future of our technology.
To succeed in this role, you will focus on:
- Design, implement, test, deploy and maintain innovative distributed software solutions to expand our manufacturing throughput, device integration, sensor networks, and workflow optimizations
- Analyze, optimize and refactor applications and services such as machine automation, computer vision, and controls engineering
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Use software engineering best practices to ensure a high standard of quality for all team deliverables
- Work in an agile, startup-like development environment, where you are always working on the most important stuff
- Demonstrated success in manufacture integration, scheduling, and workflow optimization
- Experience in machine automation, computer vision, sensor/camera networks, or controls engineering
- Experience in cloud computing, especially with AWS, IoT, serverless architectures, event driven applications. SQS, DynamoDB.
- Experience in best practices in building secure, multi-tenants, scalable modern web applications and services
- Experience with REST web services, YAML, XML, JSON, GraphQL.
- Experience developing on Unix/Linux;