This job posting has expired
IoT Solutions Architect
Location : Elk Grove Village, IL
Headquarters : Cleveland, Ohio, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
- This position is responsible for designing and executing a production-grade platform to generate connected Parker product insights. The position will work with Parker’s business units, IT, customers, developers, and third-party service providers to deliver the platform. This position will be part of the Parker IOT platform team and will be recognized as an expert on IT/OT systems. The role will interact with subject matter experts across the global enterprise to collect inputs on hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components for mobile and industrial solutions. Their role is to understand failure modes and performance data in order to develop predictive models that inform users of potential failures and enable performance improvements. The candidates will need to understand mechanical products to create diagnostic and predictive insights that simplify maintenance and performance management of Parker products and customer systems. The position combines technical savvy, great interpersonal skills, and the ability to see the big-picture along with the drive, influencing skills, and the ability to collaborate with R&D and leadership teams to transform that vision into a reality. This position also entails spending time in the market to understand customer problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market. This position is a digital change agent within a Fortune 500 global industrial organization and reports to the Head of Internet of Things Business Unit.
- Engage with product development, customer, and engineering teams to architect and execute Parker Hannifin’s IOT platform - Collaborate with product teams to determine diagnostics, sensing data, control data, predictive and prognostic data that can be used to develop models, reports and solutions which enable customers to act to reduce downtime, improve performance and maintain their products and systems - Work with product teams to develop connected product standards and an ecosystem to enable rapid product development of edge or cloud solutions. - Work with customers to understand their problems and where they find value in data and solutions which propels them to buy connected products, edge or IoT cloud solutions and services - Able to interpret time series data that comes from sensors, machines, API’s and components and write code to correlate it into actionable insights - Implement solutions that combine data from multiple sources in the form of easy to understand alerts, reports and metrics - Able to use data to quantify the return on investment of connected products and solutions - Able to integrate data to predict and prevent failures - Understand machine control data, interpret sensor data and build optimal control solutions - Identify areas for business value generation and opportunities for innovation - Propose investment decisions and tradeoffs needed to achieve business goals - Develop and maintain a analytics tech roadmap - Champion product insights analytics within the company, regularly communicating strategies that are relevant, meaningful and applicable to the markets in question - Influence executives, management, technical and line-of-business staff - Educate internal teams, customers, and prospects on the value proposition of Parker connected product insights. Participate in and guide architectural discussions - Engage directly with customers to configure and implement a full-stack solution including integrations per functional requirements - Assess technical risks and generate mitigation strategies - Perform debugging, troubleshooting, modifications, and testing of integration solutions - Develop new specifications, new documentation, and participate in the development of technical procedures and user support guides - Establish effective communications and working relationships with internal stakeholders of Parker Hannifin - Stay abreast of emerging industry technology trends and threats to help proactively improve the technical and security position of Parker Hannifin
- Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $13.7 billion, global company. With annual sales of $13.7 billion in fiscal year 2020, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 49 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
- Equal Employment Opportunity