This job posting has expired
Senior Software Developer- IBM MQ Developer for ZOs
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As MQ development, test and support team member you will have wide range of opportunities to apply your skills and expertise ranging from formulating a technical understanding of design/development of new features, modernization of IBM MQ product offering on z/Os platform, customer reported problems and remediation code fixes to quality assurance.
- The role seeks good levels of personal organization, and the ability to work well with a distributed global team in a fast paced and exciting environment. The role is office based working with senior team members who will be able to help you integrate into the team, the department and the wider IBM. You will be required to play your part as a software engineer within the team carrying out development, testing, customer reported problems and operational activities.
- You will be required to communicate your status on a daily basis, come up with creative solutions to problems and be flexible supporting the team where your help is required and to be able to demonstrate a positive attitude and a passion to succeed.
As IBM MQ development team member you will -
- Design and develop new product features on z/Os. Modernize IBM MQ to leverage latest and cutting edge technologies in z/Os.
- Design and autmate test cases on z/Os. Design, development and execution of test scenarios, test cases.
- Apply problem solving skills to diagnose potential product issues, provide thoughtful, expert advice to help mitigate problems and deliver product code fixes.
- Development of tooling to aid in enhancement of product experience.
- Actively collaborate with both local and worldwide team members.
- 5-10 years experience in software development -
- Excellent skills in C or Java programming language.
- Good knowledge in z/Os system programming.
- Good knowledge in : z/OS, Unix System Services, JCL, HLASM
- Knowledge in CICS, COBOL DB2 / IMS DB is a plus.
- Ability to pickup product and technical skills quickly and become productive at the earliest.
- Knowledge in Kubernetes, Containers, IBM MQ is a plus.
- Experience in design, development, test and support of software products.
- Experience in problem solving & diagnosis, troubleshooting and diagnostic tools
- Familiarity to any Messaging product ( IBM MQ, Apache Kafka, MQTT ).
- Exposure to agile development methodology and tools (RTC)
- IBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
- IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
- Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
- Your Life @ IBM
- What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
- Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
- Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
- IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.