This job posting has expired
Regional IOT Team Manager
Location : North Ryde NSW, Australia
Headquarters : France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- We are looking out for a Regional Team Manager specialized in Internet of Things (IoT) and associated value added solutions to join our rapidly growing regional SMS / IoT Business Unit team in APAC. The scope of the role is on Industry4.0 and Smart Everything (Not including IoT Connectivity, which is handled separately). This role reports to the Head of APAC SMS BU and APAC Connectivity BU, VP APAC.
- The Team Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day activities and guidance of the team members comprising mostly of Business Developers / Solution Experts and Sales Experts as well as developing our next generation solutions. The Team Manager sets targets, implements guidelines, and assists with any issues the employees may have.
- The Team Manager will provide leadership and direction to the team, fostering a cohesive, creative, and high-performing working environment.
- The Team Manager will provide support to the Sales teams across APAC in the areas of: Lead generation, opportunity identification, definition and qualification, end-to-end solution design, costing and pricing, trainings and enablement, negotiation, and closing on large, complex opportunities/bids.
- The objective is to develop an advanced IoT practice across APAC countries, through in-depth business development proactive plan, including enablement and go-to-market plans with our country teams.
- The Team Manager manages the business development activities for the “IoT Industry 4.0 and Smart Everything” perimeter within APAC SMS BU and will drive its growth by driving business opportunities, providing the right solutions and ensuring a double-digit growth.
- Build and develop relationships with country Sales, PreSales and Account Management teams in the areas of: trainings and enablement, business development and lead generation, promotion and communication, solution support, customer engagement, partnership management, support on closing large and complex opportunities.
- Proactively drive innovation and value-creation for the customer by bringing intellectual value and consultative advice to key customers that enable differentiated positioning with competitors.
- Maintain a strong relationship with central domain teams (Marketing, Product Development, etc.) and provide relevant input / feedback based on customer requirements.
- Stay abreast of the latest IoT market developments, trends, competitors’ landscape and pricing.
- Develop partnerships and work with our partner’s local sales team to identify opportunities
- Work with and collaborate in multi-functional & multicultural, geo dispersed teams (sales, product, marketing, engineering, consultants)
- Manage the formulation of growth strategies, development and execution plans.
- Define the Asia Pacific go-to-market plans in line with the Business Units’ product management overall strategies. Define the Who, What and Why (the market dynamics, product capabilities and business requirements) and the How (go-to-market)
- Define external communication plan with our Marketing and Communication team. Evangelize the OBS IoT value proposition in APAC, via external communication and events.
- Manage the pipeline of deals, P&L and objectives.
- Have a clear vision about one or several verticals like Industry, Construction, Transportation and Smart Cities.
- Have good experience in IoT business transformation projects, specifically in the IoT platforms (Azure, AWS, Siemens Mindsphere, etc) and enablement ecosystems
- Experience leading a team is essential
- Excellent decision making and interpersonal skills with high level of independence and initiative.
- Customer-focused, CxO engagement and negotiation skills.
- Important to have an outcome-driven mindset with high level of responsibility and sense of ownership
- Ability to think, analyze and manage in a high-energy, fast-paced environment.
- Intensive deal-shaping experience, proven industry connections to vendors.
- Strong regional experience across Asia Pacific markets
- Service Provider and System Integrator background
- Excellent communication, organisational and presentation skills
Sales & Marketing Asia Pacific