This job posting has expired
Senior IoT Software Engineer
Location : Raleigh, NC
Headquarters : Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Eaton’s Center for Connected Intelligent Solutions (CCIS) accelerates the creation of meaningful, connected product experiences by providing secure reusable platforms, processes, and services. We do this through our three Centers of Excellence (CoE): IoT, Embedded Systems, and User Centered Design. While each CoE has its own areas of focus and expertise, all share a passion for working creatively to solve challenging problems that bring real value to our customers. What this means is that we lead the way to create content, software and technology stacks that are used across the company to accelerate product development within each of our divisions. In doing so we are on the forefront of using the latest technologies, tools and methods. In CCIS you will find awesome developers, open source gurus, testers, UX designers, cloud architects, industrial designers, visual designers, DevOps engineers, agile experts, front-end and mobile developers, big data architects, design thinkers, and more. We are central to Eaton’s digital transformation and every contribution we make has a significant impact on the future of the company.
- Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Work with your team and other adjacent teams, creating the architecture, design, and implementation of an Internet of Things platform. Development will be primarily in C# and Python for cloud services and development in, or coordination with, C++ for edge device applications
- Leverage new and existing IoT frameworks to enable consistent on-premise and on-cloud consumption client application experiences.
- Extend edge and cloud platforms to leverage web-services inspired design patterns such as event driven architectures.
- Author high-quality, highly-performant, unit-tested code.
- Demonstrate and document solutions by using flowcharts, diagrams, code comments, code snippets, and performance instruments.
- Provide work estimates and participate in design, implementation, and code reviews.
- Develop and execute agile work plans for iterative and incremental project delivery.
- Maintain job knowledge by studying software development techniques and programming languages. Participate in educational opportunities and read professional publications.
- Work with test teams to ensure adequate and appropriate test case coverage; investigate and fix bugs; create automated test scripts.
- Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve end-user problems.
- Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
- Recommend software tools to management and architecture teams.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in from an accredited institution.
- 5+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
- 3+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems
- Expert knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and their associated development platforms
- Solid understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts (Expert level skills in C# and/or Python)
- Solid understanding of networking protocols and concepts
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) from Raleigh NC or Moon Township PA will be considered for this position. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
- Master’s degree in Computer Science from an accredited institution
- 8+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products
- 5+ years’ experience developing enterprise grade, highly scalable web-based applications and/or distributed systems
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Experience utilizing best practices in software engineering
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts
- Experience developing and deploying applications in the Microsoft Azure ecosystem
- Experience developing REST-base APIs
- Experience developing near real-time applications
- Experience in embedded applications.
- Basic understanding of cybersecurity and/or cryptography.
- Strong problem solving and software debugging skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively explain technical concepts
- Abreast of upcoming software development/engineering tools, trends, and methodologies
- Good judgment, time management, and decision-making skills
- Ability to apply automation to tasks that require them
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time