This job posting has expired
Software Development Engineer
Location : Santa Cruz, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science (or related field) or equivalent industry experience.
- 4+ years professional experience in software development.
- 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
What you will do:
- You will have the opportunity to contribute to and develop deep expertise in the areas of distributed systems, machine learning, conversational technologies, front-end app development, data storage and data pipelines. You'll have the freedom (and encouragement) to experiment, improve, invent, and innovate on behalf of our customers. You will have an impact on Amazon's Alexa experiences and the way shopping is done in the area of virtual assistants, chatbots and IoT. And finally you will have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages. You will be working closely with multiple product managers and engineers from partner teams in Amazon Retail, Alexa, Speech Recognition and a Research Sciences team.
- What we are looking for a talented and experienced engineer to design and develop the voice and visual experiences, machine learning models and the distributed systems that bring this vision together. We will welcome previous experience in any one of these areas or a full-stack experience that spans multiple front-end and backend technologies.
- Proficiency in declarative/reactive UI paradigms or frameworks such as React (Web), React Native, SwiftUI etc.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structure, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Experience in any one or more of the following areas: distributed systems, app development, full-stack development. Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.