This job posting has expired
IoT/Hardware DevOps Engineer
Location : Toronto, ON (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : Toronto, ON
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
RockMass is a seed-stage start-up providing streamlined digital solutions for the mine of the future. We have a talented and diverse team working together to solve challenging problems. We are team players who value transparency and thrive on the hard work others put in around us.
We’re building the future of data capture for underground environments. We’re continuously inventing new capabilities for our vertical-stack solution in an industry ripe for change. Our product is a handheld data collection tool that enables engineers to capture real-time numerical data. We combine our proprietary algorithm with the same sensors found in autonomous cars assembled in a rugged casing.
You will be responsible for deployment and ongoing operations of our products and services. You will develop automation processes to improve efficiency from development to testing, staging, and release. As a DevOps Engineer, you will play a major role in maintaining smooth operations and engage with clients to ensure high-quality delivery and communication of our product. This role will work across all major teams within the organization. As part of the product delivery team, you will communicate with the business, software, hardware, and operations teams while owning the software delivery and maintenance portfolio.
You enjoy facing difficult challenges, you are a quick learner and resourceful, and have worked in startups or small companies before. You are detail-oriented, organized, a team player at heart, and strongly value communication and transparency. You are naturally curious and motivated by the hard work others put in around you. Having worked in an environment using agile development methods is an added benefit.
As a DevOps Engineer with RockMass, you will help develop and launch new products and features across all our customers.
- Establish automated processes for software product rollout and ongoing updates
- Develop remote monitoring utilities for tracking product health and usage
- Help launch two new products across North America and internationally
- Collaborate with the product delivery team to test and deliver general and custom software updates for new and existing clients
- Schedule and communicate new software updates with clients
- Troubleshoot client technical issues and resolve network compatibility issues
- Monitor the status of all units in the field
- Maintain unit tracking database and versioning documentation
- Automate processes to increase safety and efficiency
- Develop guidelines and best practices for software delivery
- Work with Quality Control and Software Engineers
- Bachelor of Software Engineering, IT, or related fields
- DevOps experience with IoT hardware product(s)
- Must have experience working in a startup environment or small team
- Proven experience in managing and deploying embedded IoT devices
- Strong understanding of networking and remote services
- Strong understanding of Linux systems, utilities, and libraries
- Experience using open-source tools
- Excellent automation and scripting skills
- Be comfortable working directly with clients
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have
- Experience with C++ or Python
- Experience with Gitlab, Docker, CMake
- Experience maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience in IT administration
- Experience with ARM SoC, NVIDIA Jetson
- Full-time position which includes employee benefits
- Flexible working hours (our core hours are 10:30am to 3:30pm) and flexible remote working
- Monthly socials (even while we are remote!)
- Option to take1 long weekend every month (we care about work-life balance)
- Office (when we return) is near St. Lawrence market within a small office building
At RockMass we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome and hire the best talent regardless of gender, national origin, disability, or race. As part of our commitment to accessibility for all persons, RockMass will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to all applicants. Please leave a note in the “Additional Information” section of the application to make any accommodation needs known and we will consult with you to ensure suitable accommodation is provided.