This job posting has expired
Sr. IoT Edge Architect
Location : United States
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Senior Level
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
- 5+ years of experience in application architecture, database architecture, and networking.
- Experience working with external or internal customers to implement large-scale solutions.
- Understanding of emerging IoT and Mobile technologies and communications protocols.
- Do you thrive on helping customers implement innovative IoT and Video solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
- Customers are looking for references and blueprints to implement solutions like consumer smart connected cameras, enterprise video analytics, and all sort of innovative camera and video processing based products. These solutions can be complex and require more expertise than AWS provides alone. Partners are critical to providing these solutions to customers. Hardware partners (Camera ODM and OEMs), connectivity providers (Edge devices ODMs and OEMs), implementation partners (IoT platforms and SIs) and technology partners (Computer Vision ISVs) are always a part of a solution. The edge is critical because of these workloads and the myriad of different camera devices that make up our customers’ projects. Customers are also looking for Machine Learning and AI, Voice and Image Recognition, Analytics, App Development to be a part of the solution as well.
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. As a Market Development Specialist Solutions Architect focusing on IoT and Video technologies, you will partner with AWS IoT Video Business Development, AWS KVS and IoT Service teams and several other AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient architectures and repeatable patterns that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. Your responsibilities will focus on working with early adopting customers, engaging with our partner ecosystem, working to build repeatable solutions for our sales team to use to delight customers and to planning for future services and solutions. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting, AWS cloud services, and Camera OEMS and ODMs technologies and ecosystem. The ability to connect technology with measurable business value is critical to a solutions architect. You should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges. This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Engineering or Math.
- Experience in one or more specific IoT / embedded / M2M industry (i.e. home automation, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Experience with embedded or real-time operating systems, and/or driver/kernel development.
- Experience programming applications backed by cloud services.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of the cloud services, market segments, customer base and industry verticals.
- Prior experience in a technical role within a services organization.
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences.
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations.
- Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements such as FedRAMP and HIPAA.
- Demonstrated experience leading or developing high quality, enterprise scale software products using a structured system development life cycle.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.