This job posting has expired
Senior Program Manager
Location : Redmond, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
- Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT Platform team will support a commanding share of the 50 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade. A critical part of supporting so many connected devices is ensuring customers can set up their device onboarding workflows per their unique solution requirements, enabling the operator to control how devices are routed to the right solution automatically.
- You will be working on the Azure IoT platform as part of the Device Provisioning Service team to ensure device identities can be managed across their lifecycle. You will also be on point for ensuring that all connected devices can be appropriately onboarded, regardless of whether they connect via a series of gateways or directly to the cloud.
- Successful candidates should have a proven track record of strong technical design, ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and a track record of strong communication skills. Crucially, this person must be a team player who works well within and across the team with a winning collaborative style, stellar work ethic, and an attitude that integrates well into the high-trust environment that the team prides itself on having.
- Set the priorities and define user scenarios enabling IoT devices to automatically rotate their credentials as part of the onboarding process.
- Identify user scenarios and define the needed functionality to support onboarding for edge gateway scenarios.
- Work closely with engineers, partners, and stakeholders to gather and prioritize requirements and ensure alignment on scenarios.
- Listen and learn directly from customers and through customer data to ensure we’re making correct decisions each step of the way.
- Translate ideas into reality by writing high quality specs and driving for results throughout the entire product development cycle.
- Author the product documentation, samples/demos, and customer/field readiness material for your areas of responsibility.
- Present and promote your area of expertise at trade shows, customer events, hackathons, and internal trainings.
- 2+ years of experience shipping a developer-oriented cloud service
- 5+ years of experience creating quality customer-facing product documentation, tutorials, and usage examples
- 5+ years of experience in defining the roadmap, strategy, and go-to-market plans for a major enterprise-targeted product
- Bachelor, Masters, or PhD degree in computer science, information science, engineering, data science, and/or modern big data technologies.
- Experience working on IoT devices
- Experience working on cloud services
- Working knowledge of X.509 certificates
- Understand basic computer science concepts such as data structures, databases, SQL, and programming languages.
- Working knowledge of performing market analysis, competitive tear-downs and customer research to validate project priorities and direction.