This job posting has expired
Principal Technologist, AWS IoT
Location : Seattle, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- 6+ years experience years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
- 7+ years experience with at least one of the following programming languages: Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby, Go, C#/.Net, PHP
- Familiarity with web development using JAMStack, Gatsby, Nextjs, React etc.
- Are you passionate about exploring the connection between physical and digital worlds, and improving nearly everything around us? Are you interested in building systems to help AWS customers create smarter products, operate their factories more efficiently, and delight their customers in meaningful ways? Are you interested in a fast paced role solving significant customer problems leveraging state of the art techniques in the fields of Internet of Things (IoT), Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and AR/VR? If so, the AWS IoT team is seeking a talented, self-directed Principal Developer Advocate to drive the development and adoption of Amazon IoT Analytics Services. In this role, you will combine your experience with web development frameworks, community engagement, customer education, and enthusiasm for working with developers to generate grassroots attention and support for AWS IoT SiteWise, AWS IoT Events, AWS IoT Analytics, and AWS IoT Things Graph. You will exhibit advocacy, content generation and delivery skills of a traditional developer evangelist with the organizational and delivery skills of a program manager. The role provides a good balance between working with the various Amazon teams internally to shape the product and tools, and talking to industry influencers to help them build solutions using AWA services.
- The ideal candidate will possess an IoT and machine learning/data analytics background, and a passion to present, demo and deliver hands on labs. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of IoT and ML services, platforms and frameworks in the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, C-level executives. The ideal candidate should demonstrate the ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of technology companies and should be able to influence their roadmap in adopting the AWS IoT services.
- Help to shape and deliver on our strategy for how to drive developer adoption of AWS IoT Analytics services
- Deliver compelling presentations, product demos, sample solutions, technical blogs, and discussions to drive adoption of AWS’s IoT offerings
- Creating tech talks, live streams, white papers and tutorials about emerging technologies and industry developments
- Support the product teams in helping to analyze, update, re-design and create compelling web and online experiences and easy learning opportunities for developers aiming to get started with building IoT solutions.
- Gaining industry recognition and credibility as a regular attendee, panelist and keynote speaker at technology conferences, trade shows and press events
- Maintaining a strong and credible presence in social media channels relevant to developers
- Scaling, extending and driving global expansion of existing community focused programs, for example: Hackathons, User Communities
- Seeding the development of tools and code samples contributed to public code repositories and blogs
- Collaborating with internal teams to help define the product road map, market positioning, and developer program initiatives
- 6+ years in the technology industry in a technical, product management, or evangelism/advocacy role
- Superior oral and written communication skills, including public speaking
- The ability to work cooperatively with, and gain the respect of software developers is a must
- A willingness to travel and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong technical acumen and experience with emerging IoT technologies
- Experience writing code, committing to open source projects, understanding of the community mechanisms of open source projects
- An active participant in social media platforms such as Twitter, YouTube, Medium, GitHub, and Twitch