This job posting has expired
Software Development Engineer II
Location : Bellevue, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Artificial intelligence (AI) is transforming how people interact with devices. Speech, language, and vision technology are the center of transformation.
- More and more people are interacting with IOT devices using voice. The Microsoft Speech and Language team is looking for talented and passionate software development engineers. This is a great opportunity to join a team to enable speech interaction for more devices connected online or running offline.
- In this position, you will work on developing embedded voice assistant solution to enable customized voice assistant running on device. Special scenarios like medical devices and enterprise facilities require the voice assistant to run on device with no internet connection. In this role, you will experience a wide range of technology spectrum and solve challenging problems that really matter to land AI with customer. If you are looking for impact, this is it. We want your help!
- Design, build and improve embedded voice assistant solution to enable customized voice assistant running on device with no internet connection.
- Improve SDK and tools for customer to connect to the customized voice assistant in the Cloud when internet is available.
- Collaborate within and outside team to deliver the product.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineers to prototype the next generation of voice interaction technologies.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, or in place of a degree, 4 years of industry experience.
- 4 years of development experience in C++.
- 2 years of experience in cross platform development.
- Demonstrated positive attitude and a desire to make a difference.
- Experience in embedded device development.
- Experience in machine learning or AI related engineering.
- Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
- Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.