This job posting has expired
Human Resources Generalist
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : Mississauga, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; learning new things, working with the latest technologies and making a difference in the world.
- People and Culture Generalist (HR Generalist)
- Based in Mississauga, ON
- At SOTI, we are committed to delivering best in class mobile and IoT device management solutions. We are looking for out of the box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software. To us, being visionary is more important than doing things the way they’ve always been done.
- The People - From our humble origins in our founder’s basement, to our industry leading position today, SOTI has worked hard to foster a company culture that we can all believe in. A culture that emphasizes personal growth, continuous innovation and fun.
- The Growth - Our environment fosters new ideas, fresh perspectives, and the ability to take them over the goal line. SOTI is a fast-paced environment with a global reach that encourages you to make your mark and be part of something big!
- The Technology - You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects, as part of highly collaborative and agile teams. You will work alongside SOTI’s partners which include leading tech giants that will keep you on the cusp of emerging technologies.
- SOTI’s growth and success is a result of commitment to innovation through entrepreneurial culture and leadership. Employees are driven to make an impact, offer a unique value and most importantly, be part of a winning team. The People and Culture Generalist is an integral part of the People and Culture team, you’ll have the opportunity to work with all levels of employees to influence change and make SOTI a destination of choice. This role offers incredible growth opportunities for those who take ownership and thrive in a fast-paced innovative environment.
- People Partnering
- Support the HRBP’s in employee requests, administration, front line manager support, etc.
- Partner with HRBP’s supporting the business stakeholders, attend and deliver business meetings, manager 1 on 1’s, exit interviews, training and facilitation, visibility in the business, Day 1 orientation, etc.
- Exit Interviews participate in 3+ per month as assigned by the HRBP, participate in the stay interview creation and execution
- Assist with the development and promotion of the SOTI Employer Brand and Value Proposition, both internally and externally, at events and via social media
- Participation in the interviewing and/or investigation, documentation of employee relation cases
- Day 1 Orientation facilitation, new manager Workday training, and other training as assigned
- Participate on all People and Culture initiatives, projects, events and campaigns as assigned with our People Development, Talent Partners, HRIS, People Partner and Communication teams
- Represent the People and Culture team on the social committee and other initiatives as assigned
- Project Management support as required by P&C Culture and the Business (talent review, skills matrix, People Development initiatives)
- Collaborate with the P&C team on People Development, Campus and Talent Partner initiatives, programs, events and other projects and help measure success of programs and initiatives
- Stay current with relevant market, legislation and Human Resources trends and help implement new policies and programs within SOTI
- Stay focused on individual development plans, preparedness for coaching and performance reviews. Leveraging People and Development curriculums, LinkedIn learning
- People and Culture Administration
- Keep up-to-date on applicable HR legislation and make recommendations for enhancements to employee handbooks, and compliance reporting to government agencies and internal audits
- Manage new hire process including background checks, documentation management and onboarding
- Prepare, and execute all People and Culture templates, reporting and letters i.e. org charts, leave of absence, ergonomic and compliance, etc.
- Reporting as required for Performance Management, Year end Review, Engagement Survey, etc.
- Severance and Exit administration, systems access, payroll deletion, exit/IT forms, terminate on all systems
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters
- Administer HR Programs such as reward and recognition (U Rock, MVP), suggestion inbox
- Responsible for the timely response of HR inbox and WD inbox items within 24 hours of receipt
- Helping to coordinate P&C events, meeting rooms, etc
- Health and Safety
- Promotes Health and Safety across all Canadian locations for SOTI
- Represent P&C on the Joint Health and Safety Committee by attending regular meetings and acting as an advisor in JHSC initiatives, record keeping and ensuring committee meets or exceeds all requirements under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Multitasking and Prioritization skills
- Presentation and Facilitation skills
- Professionalism, Discretion and Confidentiality
- Future Planning and Forecasting
- People and Culture Expertise and Relationship Management Skills
- Sound understanding of Employment Legislation
- 3+ years of experience in HR role
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or related discipline
- Experience with HRIS, strong preference for Workday
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of organizational change, culture transformation processes and change management
- Ability to prioritize high volume of projects
- Ability to manage and complete tasks with attention to detail
- If you want to bring your ideas to life, apply at SOTI today.
- We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please note that SOTI does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, SOTI will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.