This job posting has expired
Front-End Engineer - AWS IoT Device Management
Location : Seattle, WA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- 2+ years of non-internship professional front-end to middle-tier software development experience.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and existing web applications.
- Experience using a contemporary front-end framework (e.g. Angular, React, Vue) and build tooling (e.g. Grunt, Gulp, Webpack)
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Imagine a world where connected devices and their data are ubiquitous. What problems would you solve if you knew the state of everything in the world? Would you improve crop yields and fight hunger, enable fleets of autonomous electric vehicles to replace cars, save lives with medical equipment that orders a repair for itself, or make every home a smart home? Software engineers on the AWS IoT Device Management team are enabling customers to build this connected future that makes the world a better and safer place.
- AWS IoT Device Management services enable our customers monitor and manage millions of connected devices. We are seeking innovative front-end engineers with experience on both front-end interfaces and back-end systems. You will help define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, and help shape the overall experience. You’ll collaborate closely with product management, UX designers and other software engineers to help define and realize products that enable the control of millions of IoT devices.
- You will take responsibility for technical problem solving, creatively meeting product objectives, and developing best practices. You will demonstrate cross-functional resource interaction to accomplish our goals. You will play a role in defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the entire team. You are a person with a commitment to team work, who enjoys working on cutting edge technology, is customer centric, and thrives on the challenge of building innovative solutions that operate for the AWS scale.
- Our team puts a high value on work-live harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. We generally keep core office hours from 10am to 4pm Pacific. About half of us come in earlier and the other half of us stay later.
- This position involves on-call responsibilities, typically for one week every two months. We don’t like getting paged in the middle of the night or on the weekend, so we work to ensure that our systems are fault tolerant. When we do get paged, we work together to resolve the root cause so that we don’t get paged for the same issue twice.
- Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. Our team has a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior engineers truly enjoy mentoring more junior engineers and engineers from non-traditional backgrounds through one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews.
- We care about your career growth. We try to assign projects and tasks based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
- Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
- Experience working on an application that provides querying, data visualization and monitoring would be a nice plus but is not a requirement.