This job posting has expired
Software Developer (Cloud)
Location : Barnstable, MA (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : Hyannis, MA
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Savant Systems, Inc., is a true powerhouse delivering unmatched intelligent lighting and smart home solutions. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered for every home.
- Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology brings climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy together in a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
- GE Lighting, a Savant company, has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended and likely to purchase brand.
Location (Portland, Cape Cod, Remote)
- Headquartered in Hyannis, Massachusetts, Savant Systems, Inc., is a true whole home automation powerhouse delivering unmatched smart home, intelligent lighting and energy solutions to North America and beyond. Together, Savant and GE Lighting, a Savant company, offer a deep and diverse portfolio of bold and easy-to-use innovations across the retail and professional channels that are engineered to customize every home to any lifestyle.
- Savant, a recognized leader in home control and automation, is one of the fastest-growing smart home companies in the luxury and mid-markets. Its powerful Pro technology controls Savant’s network of climate, lighting, entertainment, security and energy products via a single, award winning application interface for homeowners.
- Innovation has been part of GE Lighting, a Savant company’s DNA since Thomas Edison invented the light bulb. The company has been at the forefront of every major lighting innovation, from the first light bulb to industry-first LED and smart solutions along with the world’s first voice-embedded lighting product. Today it leads the North American retail lighting market as the most trusted, recommended, and likely to purchase brand.
- We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Cloud Engineers to both maintain and develop our cloud infrastructure and software platform. Engineers who have experience supporting innovative, mission critical, scalable applications. The ideal candidate possesses strong problem-solving skills and a keeps up with cutting-edge technologies. Your primary tasks will be working as part of a skilled team to develop high-availability, resilient, and scalable cloud services and data solutions for our industry leading smart home platform. Experience with AWS or a similar cloud provider is preferred.
Top reasons to work with us
- Built on a foundation of integrity, our team embraces the core values of humility, collaboration, innovation, customer centricity, accountability and diversity and inclusion as we work together to create brighter lives and a more sustainable world
- Team with a highly skilled group of top-notch engineers to tackle fun and challenging problems every day
- Become a valued member of an innovative team that welcomes your thinking and creativity
- Make a difference developing solutions that enable smarter, greener living
- Gain more experience with existing tech gadgets, IOT, and great UX, while learning and implementing
- new cutting-edge solutions
- Competitive base salary and 401(k) match
- Strong benefits package including robust and affordable health plan options – Savant's employer contribution rates put us in the top 5% of an elite group of employers who generously cover health care cost for our employees!
- Use of luxury home automation products and control in your own home as part of our alpha program
- Design and develop cloud application software for our smart home solutions
- Work side-by-side with a talented multi-discipline team to ensure our software is high quality
- Support mission critical cloud applications
- Collaborate with skilled peers across the Engineering team to triage bugs and troubleshoot issues
- Design, implement, and support connections and services between multiple systems
Necessary and preferred experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience.
- Solid CS fundamentals, and experience with multi-threaded, asynchronous programming
- Experience developing applications
- AWS or other similar Cloud Platform knowledge is a huge plus
- Excellent Technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
- Ability to learn quickly and work both independently and as part of a team
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Savant Systems, Inc (Savant) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), gender (including gender identity, gender nonconformity and status as a transgender or transsexual individual), age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship, genetic information, domestic violence victim status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Savant does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Savant and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.