This job posting has expired
Senior Software Developer in Devops
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
- The Internet of Things (IoT) and Blockchain Applications (BCA) team builds cutting edge, modern, SaaS applications for large enterprises working to optimize their operations and supply chains. The team runs a modern cloud on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) at massive scale and completely in the cloud. Oracle is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
- We have customers distributed around the world and operate in every geographic region. We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available IoT service. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Senior Software Developer for Devops
- A Senior Developer will spend a significant amount of their time doing "ops" related work such as production issues and service on-call. When not working on operations the Senior Developer is working on software engineering tasks such as design and development of systems that increase our reliability, scalability and reduce operational overhead through automation. The ideal Senior Developer candidate is proficient programmer who has large breadth of knowledge and experience including areas such as networking, internet protocols and Linux systems.
- Our Senior Developers are close partners with service owners in all aspects of service operations and ownership. We have a strong culture of innovation, collaboration and team work inspired by the DevOps philosophy.
- Work closely with development team on maintaining operational health of IoT and BCA services for API availability and low latency
- Managing and triaging tickets. Driving prioritization and execution of work based on impact.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms such as easy to use tooling and automation. Work in concert with service developers to evolve systems/products for better scalability, reliability and development velocity
- Drives new runbooks to help reduce mean triage time of incidents. Prioritize and automate high hit count runbooks
- Practice sustainable incident response and drive root case analysis
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding or equivalent practical experience
- Understanding of Linux operating systems and Linux system administration
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix commands
- Experience building and monitoring microservices
- Experience programming in Java
- Experience managing distributed and highly available systems managed using Kubernetes, Helm, and Terraform
- Experience with tools like Kibana and Grafana
- Systematic problem-solving approach, strong communication skills, a sense of ownership and drive
- Deep understand of service metrics and alarms through the development of dashboards, service KPIs, alarming systems
- Experience working in an operational environment with mission critical tier one services with associated pager duty
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Job: Product Development
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire