This job posting has expired
Senior Project Manager
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Who you are:
How you’ll make an impact:
- Responsible for overall project execution success, serving as the main point of contact for client and senior management for the project.
- Support all aspects of the implementation and progression of assigned projects, from original concept through project closure activities.
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals and adhere to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Coordinate definition of project scope and objectives.
- Assist in defining the resources required to support the project.
- Define high-level work plans, key project tasks and deliverables, and manage the integration of resources and knowledge across projects and tasks.
- Manage project issues and risks to mitigate impact to baseline, dependencies, and critical path deliverables.
- Manage change in scope.
- Communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables, dependencies, risks and issues — communicating across leadership.
- Maintain up-to-date project document repository.
- Participate in establishing best practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Ensure adherence to corporate standards and practices and serve as a key contact in the escalation process.
- Coach, mentor and motivate more junior Project Managers.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5-8 years of experience in Project Management.
- 5-8 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Business, Commerce or a related field.
- Professional Project Management (PMP) certification required.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset. Government experience is highly valued.
- Experience with Product Management is a plus.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, oral, and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Experienced PM with the ability to successfully drive projects to completion while managing the right balance of process without burdening the entrepreneurial spirit of the company.
- Experience negotiating vendor/client contracts a plus.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Jira.
- Work from home and flex work arrangements
- Baby bonus
- Home office reimbursement program
- Online learning and networking opportunities
- Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
- Competitive medical and dental benefits (full-time employees only)
- Retirement savings program (full-time employees only)
How we work:
Geotab encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Geotab is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities throughout the interview, selection and employment process. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.