This job posting has expired
Head of Product
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Palo Alto, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Who we are
At Inpixon, we turn location data into actionable indoor intelligence. Our comprehensive intelligence platform with mapping, positioning, security, and analytics harnesses the future of the Internet of Things (IoT) now.
We are motivated by and focused on our vision to ‘do good’ with indoor data and build something that can quite literally change the world we interact with. We take pride in the way we positively impact the daily lives of our customers and continue to push the boundaries of how our platform can benefit others. Inpixon’s Indoor Intelligence solutions can:
- Help transform workplace experiences. Through our indoor intelligence solutions, we can help make workplaces safer and smarter as we return to work.
- Help staff and patients navigate hospitals easily. Through indoor mapping and awareness, we can direct patients from their car directly to their appointments, from registration to labs, and to waiting rooms. For nurses, we can tag equipment and supplies allowing quick access to other team members, visualizing asset movement and sending notifications.
- Manage cybersecurity. Through integration with Mobile Device Management, we can detect devices, control applications in secured zones, and uphold best practices, security policies and compliance in government, pharmaceutical, and financial agencies managing a sensitive work environment.
- Optimize resources allocation. Through any number of our product features, we manage, prioritize, and control the way spaces are used and accessed. Whether it’s staff allocation in retail space, managing temperature and electricity consumption in a workspace, we improve space utilization.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence is continuously uncovering new ways to improve our lives.
Inpixon Indoor Intelligence ingests diverse data from IoT and third-party sensors designed to detect and position all active - cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and ultra-wideband - devices using a proprietary computing process. Our platform provides a complete solution to locate, track, guide and monitor everything indoors along with the plug-in architecture and open APIs that enable interoperability and seamless integration with other systems increasing the reach, flexibility and power of indoor solutions.
Inpixon is scaling rapidly, and to support that growth, we have a newly created opportunity for a Head of Product. Reporting to and partnering with our COO, this is a rare chance to join a company that is continuously innovating, testing, and trying new ideas while maintaining a well-funded, established presence in the market as an industry leader.
You will use your insights, creativity, and analytical abilities to dive into who we are, gain a deep understanding of our vision, and ultimately roll out a philosophy and methodology to amplify our success. You will work in close collaboration with engineering, design, marketing, sales, and other departments, diplomatically navigating a culture of homegrown and globally acquired resources and products. As the primary driver of our products, you will oversee the development and management of product roadmaps and lifecycle, enhancing the definition and direction of our growth; and further building out our product strategy to fit - and anticipate - the needs of the market. This is a chance to work remotely and transition to our office in Palo Alto for part of the week once pandemic restrictions are lifted.
Who you are
You are an experienced Product leader with a passion for innovation, insights into a SaaS organization, a customer-centric point of view, and a willingness to take calculated risks. You thrive in a role that combines people and product leadership; analytics and innovation; technology with customers. You have proven, progressive success delivering world-class products, leading teams from product concept to successful adoption in the market.
What's in it for you
A genuine career opportunity. We are at a turning point in how indoor space is experienced, and we are growing rapidly. You want to take an entrepreneurial approach to spearhead our product strategy. Whether you've hit the ceiling at a startup or you've moved to a bigger company and recognize you miss the challenges of building something new, you want to be at the helm.
A high growth company. Inpixon is building an incredible suite of products that provides intelligent post-pandemic return to work tools; cybersecurity tools; asset tracking; and enhanced indoor positioning. We are disciplined about pouring our R&D dollars into advancing our offerings, and we recently raised $40 million. This is a chance to join a company that offers the best of both worlds: the stability of a well-funded, publicly-traded stable organization and strong work-life balance with the fast-paced, responsive, and Agile environment of a scale-up investing in research and the latest-in-everything.
A collaborative team and supportive leader. We want your ideas and your involvement. This is a place where you can make mistakes and learn from them. You want to sit in the driver's seat of technology changing the world, with access to the resources, funding, and support to take your ideas from concept to execution. At Inpixon, innovation is not just a word we throw around, it's our driving force. We are confidently poised to take risks to succeed, and you want to do the same.
What you will focus on:
Lead strategy, development, and execution. You will spearhead and oversee multiple product verticals. You will assess our current state, make recommendations, and implement a plan of action to adopt a well-thought-out product methodology. You will develop and own the product roadmap to deliver breakthrough products for customers and their employees around the world.
Innovation. You will leverage your extensive product background and experience to gain buy-in for your product roadmap, presenting to senior management and diverse stakeholders. You will use product data, modeling, and analytics to plan, measure performance, and improve products with every iteration. You will be an active participant in customer success, sales, and marketing opportunities, including working with top customers on new product innovations.
Product/Market Evaluation. You will investigate and analyze the product market and associated competitors, identifying and presenting opportunities to the product committee for validation and testing. You will influence the product strategy and ensure that informed and beneficial decisions align with our fundamental business priorities.
Problem Resolution. You will identify issues in the strategies developed by the junior product management and bring to a resolution, ensuring solutions meet financial, strategic, and technical goals.
What do you bring?
- The experience. You have 10+ years of successful business leadership in product strategy and management and have taken complex products successfully to market from end-to-end. You thrive in an agile development environment, bringing teams together to launch new SaaS products and define major product innovations using problem-solving abilities. You have a background in Real-Time Location Systems (RTLS), wifi access, telecommunications and networking, indoor intelligence, or another field that utilizes hardware and software for location services.
- The collaborative leadership approach. Your values align with ours, and you have the ability to stay calm under pressure and effectively lead the product team even in times of uncertainty. You are a relationship builder who is self-aware, with outstanding verbal, written, and presentation abilities. You can gain trust, influence decisions, implement processes, and inspire people to enthusiastically adopt your vision. You have the people management skills to build high-performing teams, guide and mentor individuals, and attract and retain amazing talent.
- The analytical mindset. You have strong evidence-based, decision-making abilities, with the initiative to research and analyze data, leverage available resources, and present solutions. You have excellent judgment and can make thoughtful decisions as a creative problem solver. You have strong financial analytical capabilities to develop informed product strategies that improve product delivery and performance.
- The drive. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done, no matter how big or small the task. You can work independently and effectively in a fast-paced environment, juggling several projects with a spirit of flexibility and a positive outlook.
Why join us:
Together is better. We are one team. We recognize that people join a company, and want to be part of a team because of a shared vision, mission, and opportunity. Our mission to apply the best and latest in IoT, data analytics, and AI to every day indoor spaces is what drives our work. The people we work with are what brings us together every day.
Together we make it happen. We got this. We are all rowing in sync, in the same direction, heading towards group success and individual championing. Everyone at Inpixon is engaged with what we do, who we do it with and why we do it.
Courage is contagious. We have the courage to innovate. We are willing to take risks, try new things, fail fast and learn from our mistakes. Accountability and responsiveness guide the way we work with each other and our customers.
Balance tensions. We prioritize competing concepts to scale and grow. We are a publicly traded company with a multinational outlook that nurtures a growth mindset. We measure outcomes not time, guided by the principle of being present and meeting goals and that provides the balance of life outside work.
If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for and Inpixon sounds like something you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
At Inpixon, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We believe that diversity & inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.