Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : China
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Senior / Lead System Software Developer
Espressif Systems (688018) is a public multinational, fabless semiconductor company established in 2008, with headquarters in Shanghai and offices in Greater China, India, and Europe. We have a passionate team of engineers and scientists from all over the world, focused on developing cutting-edge Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, low-power IoT solutions. We have created the popular ESP8266 and ESP32 series of chips, modules, and development boards. By leveraging wireless computing, we provide green, versatile, and cost-effective chipsets. We have always been committed to offering IoT solutions that are secure, robust, and power-efficient. By open-sourcing our technology, we aim to enable developers to use Espressif’s technology globally and build smart connected devices. In July 2019, Espressif made its Initial Public Offering on the Sci-Tech Innovation Board (STAR) of the Shanghai Stock Exchange (SSE).
Espressif has a technology center in Pune. The focus is on embedded software engineering and IoT solutions for our growing customers.
About this position:
This is an opportunity to be a key player at a company with a great reputation in IoT semiconductor technology and growing business. We offer a great long-term opportunity in a true team environment. If you have strong experience in software programming languages such as assembly, C, C++, or systems internals then this opportunity is well suited to you.
We need brains, ambition, and passion to execute a complete embedded software development lifecycle. The goal is to create scalable and optimized software systems. You will work closely with people who will encourage and inspire you to continuously improve.
About this role:
- Conceptualize, plan, design, implement and test embedded software and firmware.
- Participate in software architecture high-level design discussions and decisions.
- Develop and maintain efficient programs written with best practices in mind.
- Develop and maintain product documentation.
- Work within a highly diverse technical team on cross-functional integrated systems.
- Various other tasks and projects you choose to own.
Knowledge and skills:
- Clear and concise spoken and written communication skills are critical for this position since the engineer is responsible for gathering engineering requirements, negotiating during trade-off analysis and documentation.
- Interpersonal skills (Networking, negotiation, and tolerance).
- The ability to work with cross-functional, multi-regional, internal, and external teams that can have different priorities.
- Ability to manage urgent situations and manage priorities.
- Tolerance to ambiguity and dealing with complex engineering problems.
- Ability to make decisions with minimal supervision and limited information.
Experience and education:
- Preferably CS background; EE/IT if good exposure.
- 3 to 15 years of experience in system engineering.
- Good knowledge of operating systems (Linux/RTOS)
- Strong C/C++ programming skills in UNIX or RTOS environment
- Data structures and algorithms
- Computer architecture
- Exposure to networking (TCP/IP)
- Good understanding of memory management
What to expect from our interview process
- The first step is to email your resume or apply to the relevant open position, along with a sample of something you have worked on such as a public GitHub repo or side project, etc.
- Next, post shortlisting your profile recruiter will get in touch with you via a mechanism that works for you e.g. via email, phone. This will be a short chat to learn more about your background and interests, to share more about the job and Espressif, and to answer any initial questions you have.
- Successful candidates will then be invited for 2 to 3 rounds of the technical interviews as per the previous round feedback.
- Finally, Successful candidates will have interviews with HR.
What you offer us
- Ability to provide technical solutions, support that fosters collaboration and innovation.
- Ability to balance a variety of technical needs and priorities according to Espressif’s growing needs.
What we offer
- An open-minded, collaborative culture of enthusiastic technologists.
- Competitive salary
- 100% company paid medical/dental/vision/life coverage
- Frequent pieces of training by experienced colleagues and chances to take international trips, attend exhibitions, technical meetups, and seminars.