Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. (TABS) is looking for a software engineer to join our cloud development team to build the next generation web services and applications. We are leading Internet of Things (IoT) efforts within Toshiba. We develop products and services in the cloud using Microsoft Azure.
The opportunity is available with the Documentation Solutions Engineering (DSE) division, headquartered in Lake Forest, CA.
As a software engineer, you will design, implement and deliver web services and applications using C#, ASP.net and MVC. SQL experience is valuable.
You will also help investigate and drive online performance, scalability and security. The ideal candidate is someone who has both deep and broad understanding of web technologies and thrive in shipping frequently. We are a high energy and fast paced team using Agile/Scrum methodology.Responsibilities:
- Design, implement and unit test applications.
- Investigate and optimize service performance and scalability.
- Understand business requirements and provide engineering estimates.
- Collaborate with other developers and quality assurance engineers to deliver high quality products.
- Communicate status and identify project risks.
- Other duties as assignment.
Toshiba America Business Solutions, Inc. offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package including the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 2+ years of software development and testing in web services and applications.
- Knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Proficient in Microsoft web technologies such as ASP.net and MVC, preferred.
- Must have SQL knowledge to write optimized SQL statements and stored procedures, preferred.
- Prior hands-on development experience in Microsoft Azure is desired.
- Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills.
- Experience developing in an Agile environment.
- C# programming language, preferred.
- Group health coverage (medical, dental, & vision)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Pre-tax spending accounts
- Pet Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Company provided life insurance
- Employee discounts
- Generous paid holiday schedule and paid vacation & sick/personal business/volunteer days
Toshiba America Business Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to age, ancestry, color, religious creed, disability, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation or any other protected factor.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Individuals who need reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process should email Accommodation Request@tabs.toshiba.com to request accommodation.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)