This job posting has expired
Applied Scientist - Mapping and Geospatial ML/AI
Location : East Palo Alto, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Graduate degree (M.S or PhD) in machine learning, computer vision, robotics, or related field.
- 2+ years of top quality research and development experience, with strong analytic and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Python, Java, C/C++ or C# or related language
- Deep Learning implementation expertise (TensorFlow, PyTorch, MxNet, etc)
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
We are seeking an experienced Applied Scientist for the Mapping and Geospatial ML/AI services team. This is a role that combines science knowledge (around machine learning, computer vision, and robotics), technical strength, and product focus. It will be your job to help develop ML science for mapping and geospatial problems and work closely with the engineering team to ship them to our customers. You are also expected to work closely with other applied scientists and demonstrate Amazon Leadership Principles.
Strong technical skill and experience with machine learning, computer vision, or robotics is required. Experience working with location, mapping, and geospatial data is a plus. Our customers are strongly technical and the solutions we build for them are strongly coupled to technical feasibility.
If you are ready for the challenge, come and help us design the future.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Robotics or a related quantitative field. Research experience in location, mapping, or geospatial domains is a plus.
- Publications in top-tier computer vision or machine learning conferences and journals
- Proven track record of innovation in creating novel algorithms and advancing the state of the art
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role