This job posting has expired
Jr-Mid Software Engineer (Poly Clearance Required)
Location : Herndon, VA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
What you will be doing!
You will be working on important, mission-focused projects with highly-skilled, like-minded engineers! Our projects usually involve all parts of the software development process including design, agile development, testing and user support. The selected candidate will work on projects to improve applications for the user community and in support of an exceptional 'mission'. We do ask that you are capable of working on a task-driven basis with little supervision. Rest assured that you will be in the company of highly qualified engineering greatness.
What you will need
- 2-5 years of Java/J2EE experience
- C, C++
- Various technologies
- Test and Evaluation
- Strong work ethic, curiosity, competitive spirit
- More than a willingness to learn... a desire to be at the top of your peer group
- A 'be the best of the best’ attitude
- Hunger to be at the leading edge of your field
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work in individual or team environments
- willingness to work towards the betterment of your countrymen
- desire to be the 1st line of defense to protect your nation
- passion to protect and serve
- Intellectual curiosity along with an analytical mind
- Ability to obtain/maintain DoD clearance based on background investigation and polygraph
Clearance TS/SCI with poly required
Who are we?
Praxis Engineering is a consulting, product, and solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems.
With over 350 employees supporting more than 50 contracts, Praxis brings together world class engineers with proven engineering best practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven agile management approaches to create high value solutions aimed at helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission objectives.
- Praxis Engineering is a wholly owned subsidiary of General Dynamics IT.
We are focused on continual learning and evolution. We don’t do things because “that’s the way we’ve always done things”; we listen to our employees and adapt to the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging technologies that will help shape our customer’s mission. We've been profitable year after year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape. No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people, and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and finding ways to do it better.
And then there is the...
- Competitive salary
- Office perks such as free soft drinks and snacks (both healthy and not-so-healthy)
- Praxis swag (annual gift certificate to purchase top brand Praxis apparel)
- Comprehensive health insurance plans
- Parental leave
- 401k contribution/match: combination of profit share/contribution (4%) and employer match (up to 4%) for a total of 8%.
- Annual bonus plan
- Four weeks Paid Time Off + 10 holidays + comp time eligibility
- Training is a priority! Take advantage of our endless in-house training opportunities - or seek out vendor offered (paid) training opportunities like conferences, certification courses and seminars.
Training & Certifications: Splunk, AWS, Big Data/Cloudera, VMWare, Scrum Master...the list of certifications goes on and on!
Praxis University: Cyber Research, Data Analytics, IoT, AWS and RedHat course offerings and hands-on training.
- We truly believe the right work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Praxis. Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we can to assure that happens every day.
Praxis Engineering provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, or any other protected class.