This job posting has expired
Staff Software Engineer
Location : Annapolis, MD
Headquarters : Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Businesses Collins Aerospace
Job ID 01446669
Most Recent Date Posted 05/06/2021
Country United States
Country:United States of America
Location:HMD31: Annapolis, MD 2551 Riva Road , Annapolis, MD, 21401-7435 USA
This position is for a seasoned Software Engineering professional. The ideal candidate will perform all phases of system engineering and system support for the AIM CIS Platform environment. This position includes requirements analysis, design, system configuration, development, code / unit test, system integration, test and field installation. This candidate must be able to work independently.
- Develop software in C, C++, and Elixir/Erlang for mission critical systems.
- Collaborate with the software team to extend existing components in order to implement client requirements.
- Participate in Requirements analysis and Design / Code reviews.
- Analyze existing code and system functionality to enable implementation of new elements or changes in scope of project software.
- Assist with functional testing and documentation.
- Assist with documentation of procedures, training and enhancements.
- Interact with end customer on technical issues and correctly interpret their needs and requirements.
- Follow and enforce engineering guidelines set in system development methodology.
- Establish and maintain effective professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree and 7 years of relevant experience OR
- Advance degree and 5 years of relevant experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 11 years of relevant experience is required
- Experience working in software development for mission critical systems.
- Solid knowledge and hands-on experience with C, C++.
- Knowledge and hands on experience with MS SQL, Oracle or PostgreSQL database and VMware.
- Development in Elixir/Erlang.
- Software Systems Integration.
- Knowledge of Jira and Bitbucket.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming and practices.
- Positive attitude and eager to learn and improve.
- Cloud Based programming experience.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Possess a diligent work ethic and is able to work independently or within a team.
- Highly skilled in problem solving and commitment to delivering high-quality software.
- Desire towards continuous learning of new programming languages.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
We are Redefining Aerospace.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
Life insurance and disability coverage
Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
Best Doctors, second opinion program
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms