Location : Oldsmar, FL 34677
Headquarters : New York, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Software Engineer - 87565
Technology and Engineering - USA Oldsmar, Florida
Nielsen Global Media is all about data and technology, a leader and the gold standard in content measurement. We innovate through using various methodologies, leveraging cutting-edge technologies and constantly improving our client experience with our products. Software engineers here at Nielsen Media get to work on the latest and most powerful big data processing technologies in the cloud. We are currently seeking a Software Engineer to join our growing technology team.
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting application software
- Investigate, analyze, and design application solutions per acceptance criteria
- Perform data analysis for new/existing application solutions, production support, or stakeholder questions
- Develop software code, which is easily maintainable
- Develop and execute application test plans, analyze test results, and make appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified
- Communicate with the Product Owner and team project work activity status
Java 1.8, Postgres/RDS, GitLab, Docker, AWS (Cloud hosting), Zephyr and Jenkins.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or a related field with an information technology focus (foreign equivalent degree acceptable) OR Nielsen work experience
Skills in the any/all of the following:
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Data analysis experience
- Good soft skills to work as a team player
- Experience with Java, Python, Unix and/or SQL
- Knowledge or experience with automation testing
- Knowledge or experience with version control tools
- Knowledge or experience with CI/CD concepts
- Behaviour Driven Development (Cucumber/Behave) automation experience is good to have.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: , , ,