This job posting has expired
Manager, QA & Operations - Remote USA
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Milpitas, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The FireEye Data Science team develops innovative, data-driven solutions. We work across the company, partnering with the best security experts in the industry, to understand hard problems and deliver impactful solutions. FireEye’s comprehensive view of the advanced threat landscape provides a unique opportunity for the team to have major impact within our industry, company, and across our customer base.
The “Manager, QA & Operations” is a hands-on technical management role requiring the candidate to lead by example a small team of talented individuals that:
- Test software applications and services prior to deploying to production environments.
- Ensure the team’s production systems are healthy and available.
- Troubleshoot and triage production problems to resolve issues that do not require product changes, and
- Provide devops and lab support to the engineers and scientists on our team.
The ideal candidate would be someone that has been working extensively as an individual contributor and is interested in stepping into a management position. It is expected that the candidate would spend 75% of their time contributing individually and the remaining 25% managing a small team of 2 engineers.
What you will do:
- Work with cross-functional teams to develop sanity tests and procedures to ensure smooth deployment of new and existing products into production.
- Design and implement actionable alerting for production services to proactively handle application issues.
- Automate support processes and improve operational efficiency.
- Design and develop dashboards for log analysis, usage metrics and cost metrics for cloud services.
- Participate in scrum team and contribute to the team goals.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Work with the central infrastructure support team to ensure mission critical SaaS applications are always running smoothy.
- Take initiative to identify and address opportunities for improvement within the organization.
- Familiarity with common DevOps tooling: Jenkins, Git, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS CLI, Boto, and Docker.
- Extensive experience working with Kubernetes clusters.
- Proficiency in a few scripting/programming languages like Python, Java, Bash, etc.
- Knowledge of various AWS services and associated tools.
- Experience in deploying products in AWS.
- Experience in analytical tools (Splunk, Kibana, etc.).
- Familiarity with SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL as well as NoSQL ones like Elastic Search.
- Ability to explore and work with new DevOps tools.
- Deep understanding and experience of going through the entire life cycle of building software platforms and products.
- Ability to work with loosely defined requirements.
- Good logical and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Experience with DevOps tools like Drone, Harbor and ArgoCD is a major plus.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $116,800. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
- Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)