This job posting has expired
OEM Customer Engineer, Entry Level
Location : San Jose, CA 95134
Headquarters : Netherland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Entry Level
NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has 45,000 employees in more than 35 countries.
As part of OEM-focused engineering team, you will be focused on execution of specific OEM (Tier 1) customer projects. The projects execution involves deliverables spanning across software and hardware, covering BL Edge Processing products portfolio for IoT verticals. In this critical role, you are also expected to work closely with regional sales, marketing & field application engineering teams on execution and customer engagements. You will be in a unique position to positively influence the success of BL Edge Processing in IoT markets.
- Work closely with Business Line (BL) GM, IoT segment marketing teams, regional sales and field application engineering teams to align on specific projects and execute them on time with quality deliverables.
- Good embedded software & hardware development knowledge & skills
- Train and build up domain specific knowledge on MCU/MPU/Connectivity aspects as per the customer projects needs
- Provide local, on-time and differentiating engineering engagement model and support to targeted customers by working closely with regional teams and ensuring there is ONE NXP view in front of customer
- Provide necessary technical deep-dives, hands on training to customer engineers as and when needed
- Responsible for technical execution of customer specific projects and provide realistic timelines, risks etc. for execution proposals.
- Travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Fluent in local and English language
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Computer Science, Electrical, Control or Computer Engineering, advanced degree preferred
- This is a new college graduate position so any experience as intern or part time or full-time positions in engineering companies will be a plus
- A solid knowledge of product development life cycle, involving embedded software and hardware/board/SoC aspects
- Strong experience and competencies in Software Development Environment, IDEs, RTOS & Operating Systems (e.g. Linux, Android, Zephyr, Tizen, WearOS, FreeRTOS etc.)
- Fluent in programming languages like C, C++ - assembly programming will be plus
- Debug skills at all levels including software, IP driver level, hardware, SoC and board level will be a plus
- Strong communication skills are needed
- A collaborative, team player with the ability to develop strong and effective working relationships across the company
- Critical thinking skills and proficient in risk and issue management
- Demonstrates a willingness to continuously learn and improve
- Capable of motivating and influencing others, sustaining high energy and a positive attitude even in the face of challenges and adversity
- Ability to challenge decisions and approach issues with creative solutions
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally
Job Location : San Jose
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.