This job posting has expired
Senior IoT Quality Engineer
Location : Waterloo, ON
Headquarters : Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Senior IoT Quality Engineer
About the Team
Be a part of the exciting world of IoT! SAP Digital Manufacturing and Industrial IoT solutions enable businesses to embed the Internet of Things (IoT) into their line-of-business solutions, enhance business applications with IoT technology, and develop new business models based on their IoT data. And SAP is uniquely positioned to bring IoT data together with business processes. The SAP Digital Manufacturing and Industrial IoT product portfolio enables businesses to deploy powerful microservices at the edge of their networks – with robust offline capabilities to help gain domain-specific insights, monitor real-time events and actions, and execute enterprise business processes locally – even with intermittent connectivity. See the following URL for more information: https://www.sap.com/products/edge-services.html
As part of the SAP Digital Manufacturing and Industrial IoT software development team, you will focus on delivering cloud-managed intelligent edge and connectivity microservices to reduce the gap between remote IoT machinery, connected workers and the highly-valued business transactions of SAP.
Our team is motivated by principles of user empathy, user experience, best-in-class technology, agile development, and multidisciplinary cooperation. Joining our team will give you a multi-stack development opportunity to apply your creativity while solving interesting and challenging problems with the industry's latest technology.
About the Job
- Analyze, define, implement and execute quality and test related activities per given quality and test strategy for the product.
- Create detailed test coverage & test scenarios matrix for your scrum team, including test system landscape requirements
- Work with other QE and Dev to architect and build our test frameworks for automated system tests and integrate into build pipelines
- Analyze and decompose the software system and design a strategy to test this system
- Analyze code cover
- age of test cases using tools like JaCoCo
- Develop, maintain and execute automated tests
- Analyze test results (issues) and take appropriate follow-up actions (troubleshooting, basic debugging, environment set up, etc.)
- Develop pipelines for Continuous integration and Continuous deployment systems using Jenkins, Nexus, Docker and Kubernetes
- Maintain existing components and onboard new components to the safety net of code scanning tools like Sonar and Fortify
- Maintain a strong focus on quality to ensure successful user experience and customer success
- Collaborate and work as part of a dynamic and motivated team
- Effectively communicate with local and remote teams
- Develop technical skills through mentoring and knowledge transfer
You are looking for more than just a job. You dream big and have a passion for creativity and fun combined with delivering reliable and well tested software that serves a purpose…all within a motivated team who strives for similar goals.
- Experience developing a test automation framework
- Prior experience of writing automated tests code using Selenium, TestNG, JMeter
- Experience using issue tracking, continuous integration and source control tools. Working knowledge of JIRA, Jenkins& Git are a plus
- Experience in OData, Spring, J2EE, Jetty, Cloud Foundry, JDBC, OSGI, SAPUI5, XML, HTML, REST, JSON are a plus
- Possess strong communication skills with the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross-functional technical and non-technical teams
- Exhibit passion for customer focused software with a commitment to the entire cloud development lifecycle including design, programming, testing, release management, cloud operations and support & maintenance
- OPA5, QUnit
- Postman, Newman
- Master degree in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent
- 10+ years of experience working as a developer
Success means different things to different people, so we go to great lengths to ensure that all our employees have every chance to succeed - on their own terms. That’s because we firmly believe that your success leads to ours.
At SAP, we’re huge believers in work-life balance. With us, you’ll find job flexibility and career coaching, without compromising any of your valuable time at home.
SAP employees enjoy a variety of perks and benefits:
- Commuter subsidy for your mass transit commute to work
- Lunch on Us meal subsidy
- Venngo discount program
- Free pop, juice, coffee, and tea
- Free daily fruit
- Foosball, pool, and ping pong tables on site
Oh, and did we mention you get to work with some of the most influential companies on the planet to revolutionize the world?
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAP’s culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone – regardless of background – feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:293056 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time |