This job posting has expired
Systems Integration Engineer
Location : Lemont Furnace, PA 15456
Headquarters : Virginia, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Title: Systems Integration Engineer II / Test Engineer II
Job Location: Lemont Furnace, PA (Uniontown area)
Position Summary: Responsible for specific technical activity and completion of assigned tasks on time and within budget. Design, develop, analyze, document and support integration, testing and troubleshooting of AAC, government, and industry hardware and software products, systems and subsystems. Uses computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to work independently and as part of an engineering project team. Involved with the analysis, design, development and implementation of new and/or existing systems/sub-systems. May include Architectural Design, Requirements Engineering, or others.
Determine system integration and test specifications. Supports acquisition of hardware and software (or subcontractor services as needed). Conduct cyber security assessments and implement remediation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for technical activity and completion of assigned task on time and budget
- Design, develop, analyze, document and support integration and testing of products, systems or subsystems
- May use computer-aided engineering or other design/analysis software in the performance of assignments. Ability to work independently, regular reporting of progress and status
- Review customer and AAC specifications and requirements, and under direction develops designs to best support them, including cost as a key design variable
- Provide budget, cost and schedule estimate input for design assignments
- Provide status of technical progress, cost and schedule of design assignment
- Specify and evaluate supplier components, subsystems and services
- Support the program design to cost and design for manufacture requirements
- Develop prototypes to retire key development risks
- Communicate clearly (written and oral) with other company personnel and the customer as required
- Participates in preparation of complex proposals
- Hands-on integration and trouble-shooting of complex computer hardware and software systems
- Conduct cyber security assessments and implement remediation.
- May provide technical knowledge and assistance to other engineers and support personnel
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, values and culture of the organization
- Attend appropriate engineering, customer or business meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Electrical/Computer Engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience
- Competent technical expertise and application domain knowledge
- Experience with Redhat Linux, Microsoft Windows Operating Environments, Virtualization Management products from VM-Ware, etc.
- Experience with Cisco network configuration
- Lifting up to 20 lbs. up to 25% of time
- Walking, up to 25% of time
- Climbing, Bending, Standing, Stooping up to 10% of time
- Sitting up to 75% of time
- Must be willing to travel up to 25% of time
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed work schedule, which consists of employees working 80 hours during a two-week period spread over nine days, instead of the usual 10. Employees work nine hours on seven of the days in the period, one eight-hour day, and are off every other Friday.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC; DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #MCSS