This job posting has expired
DevOps & CICD Specialist
Location : Dorval, QC
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
- Drive the adoption of DevSecOps best practices to implement CI/CD pipelines to design, build and test secure, scalable, stable and efficient cloud-based applications.
- Recommend platform and tools to manage DevSecOps and CI/CD at the enterprise level
- Manage DevSecOps platform and tools to ensure adherence to best practices
- Lead a community of practice for Bombardier developers and provide technical guidance related to software engineering and tool/platform usage.
- Act as evangelist of DevSecOps practice at Bombardier, deliver presentation and training to various audience (technical and non-technical)
- Support definition of a microservice architecture and management framework
- Support definition of a containerization lifecycle management framework scalable to enterprise level
- Define continuous delivery processes in full compliance with Bombardier information policies, to simplify workflows and automate the integration and deployment of wide range of applications to internal customers and allow the iterative creation of value in small increments.
- Deliver and maintain documentation and artefacts to allow Bombardier to continuously improve its development, operations and troubleshooting procedures and tools.
- Contribute into improving standards, guidelines, practices and metrics across the development life cycle of a wide variety of applications (on-prem and in the cloud).
- Apply agile project management (Scrum, Kanban) and work in swarms to increase development teams’ maturity.
- Troubleshoot user-affecting issues and use lessons-learned to adapt the delivery process and minimize their likelihood.
As our ideal candidate,
- You have a B.S. degree in Software Engineering, or B.S. degree in computer science with equivalent practical experience.
- You have 3+ years of industrial experience as a DevOps engineer
- You have a hands-on experience in software development lifecycle management, automation tools for developing CI/CD pipelines
- You have experience and understanding in architecting high performance and secure-by-design web, mobile, API and IoT apps
- You have a strong knowledge of using Github or Azure DevOps for CI/CD workflows.
- You are proficient in scripting (bash, Powershell, Python), configuration management, Infrastructure as Code.
- You have experience building robust monitoring and logging systems is a plus.
- You have familiarity with container and orchestration tools management is an asset.
- You have a strong leadership and autonomy in performing with little guidance
- You have the ability to influence stakeholders and expand processes adoption
- You have the ability to communicate on a business level across multiple functional/technical teams to streamline product delivery.
- You have deep public cloud experience in a production environment, Microsoft Azure certification is preferred.
- You have proficiency in English and French both verbally and written.
- You have a demonstrated growth mindset, enthusiastic about learning new technologies quickly and applying the gained knowledge to address business problems.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Information Systems and Information Technologies
Primary Location: CA-QC-Montreal Dorval
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 22.04.2021, 11:40:40 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing