This job posting has expired
Embedded Software Integration Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Sweden
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behaviour and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey.
Bangalore Embedded Electronic Systems department is a division of Global Core EES at Volvo Construction Equipment. We design the Software solutions of the current and future machines with the purpose of making them more efficient and environmentally friendly.
Embedded Software Integration Engineer Role Description!
Your job is delivering amazing SW solutions that delight customers. The main goal of embedded software integration engineer is to Develop Proficient SW components and provide support in its integration for electronic control units to realize complete application software. You will Design, implement, support integration and test software application solutions for Volvo CE products. You are always looking for ways to improve a product or service to make it better, faster and more user friendly.
You would make significant contribution to Next Generation Machine SW applications joining a team of highly skilled and well-organized software development and verification team located in India and at times also located in other Technology sites within Volvo CE Sweden, Germany, France, etc.
The position holder will report to Head of Embedded Software Development Group 1.
Main Tasks/ Responsibilities / Authorities:
- Follow the process and guidelines of embedded software development.
- Design and Development of SW modules.
- To track and receive deliveries of developed software components.
- If needed, follow up on external deliveries like CSP, machine test feedback, etc.
- Assist the Embedded Software Development Leader with technical integration results intended for release notes.
- Follow build scripts for target platforms including CANoe/CANalyzer (where applicable).
- Support integration of software components allocated to one/more ECU together with the CSP.
- Support in Technical communication to stake holders regarding questions of Modules.
- Support in resolving machine/VnV testing findings
- Participate in Cross functional regular meetings when needed.
- Support in Measurement and usage of critical ECU hardware resources such as Flash, RAM and CPU usage.
- Assist in configuring tasks, communication, executable, memories, I/O etc. to support during integration to fulfill all requirements of an ECU.
- Assist in Performing basic test of integrated software on hardware with debugging.
- Deep knowledge in C++ Programming.
- Deep knowledge in C programming, automotive embedded software development.
- Proficient knowledge in the ECU configuration and integration tools & development environment.
- Knowledge in ECU system (e.g. diagnostics protocols) and RTOS.
- Knowledge on SYSML, UML and Enterprise architect and good system and design thinking.
- Knowledge of Git, CI/CD, JIRA, Artifactory, Python
- Knowledge on SDLC, Agile Methodologies, SCRUM etc.
- Basic knowledge on application SW integration (IO,Parameters,CAN J1939)
- Education/Professional Qualifications required for the position:
- Masters / bachelor’s degree in computer science/Electrical/ Electronic Engineering
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Supportive and collaborative attitude
- An active leader with ability to create unity and focus on result.
- Experience working with global teams desirable.
- Good knowledge of the applications of software platforms in Automotive products.
- Good analytical skills and Quick learner
- Have a pragmatic and generalistic approach to technical solutions.
- Flexibility to travel overseas as needed.
If this sounds interesting (we really hope it does – we love our jobs!) just send in your application and we will be thrilled to start getting to know you.
Curious and would like to know more?
Do not hesitate to contact our manager:
Kumar Mrinal, Head of Embedded Software Development Group 1 (email@example.com)
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Construction Equipment is a global company driven by passion, curiosity and by our purpose: to build the world we want to live in. We believe that only through imagination and teamwork can we develop a world that is cleaner, smarter and more connected. Our company culture reflects this belief through the care and trust it places in our customers, employees and suppliers. People are at the heart of our business. It is through our strong network of talented, enquiring and innovative minds that we have been able to pave the way towards a more sustainable future. The global construction industry is our arena and our employees are our greatest assets.
We can only continue to stand out as industry leaders through the people driving us forwards. Come be a part of our team and help us build tomorrow.
Auto req ID
State / Province
Travel Required (maximum)
Last application date