This job posting has expired
Senior Software Development Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Carlsbad, near San Diego, California
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Development of next generation wireless communications and broadband products like multi-gigabit Wi-Fi and broadband routers, mesh networks and distributed systems providing high speed data connectivity.
- Pre- and post-silicon development of drivers and software for the next generation of Fibre/Cable/5G, WiFi, IoT and smart gateways SoC and system integration.
- Deep knowledge of system programming in C/C++ preferably on embedded systems and Exposure to scripting languages like Python.
- Good knowledge of networking Protocols like TCP/IP, IPv4/IPv6, Multicast, WLAN etc.
- Experience in BSP/device drivers/middleware development in Linux.
- Experience in using debugging tools, testing tools, system profiling and performance tuning tools
- Experience in analysis of kernel crash dump, rcu stalls, other call traces.
- Knowledge of open source community software stacks like OpenWRT, RDKB is desirable.
- Experience in Fast path learning driver development for packet processing is an addon.
- Experience in Quality of Service (QoS), shaping, scheduling, dropping, policing etc. is an addon.
- Exposure of AI and IoT technologies is desirable.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and working in a highly iterative, agile, and open team environment
- BS with + 3 years of experience, or MS + 2 years of experience in Computer/Electrical Engineering or related.
We hire the best people in the industry and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities that connect the world we live in today. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
MaxLinear began by developing the world’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high-performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products that drive 4G and 5G infrastructure; enable data center, metro and long-haul optical interconnects; bring 10Gbit to the home; power the IoT revolution; and enable robust and reliable communication in harsh industrial environments. Over the years, we’ve expanded through organic growth and through several acquisitions that have perfectly complemented our existing portfolio and enabled us to deliver complete end-to-end solutions in our target markets. One such example was the acquisition of Intel’s Home Gateway Platform Division that added Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Broadband Gateway Processor SoC technology to our connected home portfolio creating a complete and scalable platform of connectivity and access solutions to fully address our customers’ needs.
Our headquarters are in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, California; Vancouver, Canada; Valencia, Spain; Bangalore, India; Villach, Austria; Munich, Germany; Israel; and Singapore.
We have approximately 1,500 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our employees thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building the best and most innovative products on the market