This job posting has expired
Sr Product Manager
Location : Bellevue, WA 98008
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example- she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc.).
Sr Product Manager is a visionary, strategist, analyst, customer advocate, respected leader of business and technology execution, project manager, E2E product delivery expert, and professional relationship builder all rolled into a single dynamic package. Every product at T-Mobile is envisioned and created to achieve a specific business purpose or set of business results. The Sr Product Manager is ultimately accountable, responsible, and has ownership of T-Mobile's internal and external products, platforms, services, and experiences envisioned and created to achieve a specific business purpose or business results. At a high level this means identifying the intersection of customer problems/unmet needs (an opportunity), assessing technical feasibility, defining business objectives, securing funding, and leading a cross-functional business and technical team including other key internal/external stakeholders to deliver against the opportunity.
Product Manager will function well in a fast-paced emerging business environment, and will be able to self-direct and adapt to rapidly shifting business priorities, weighing new opportunities against core objectives that enable us to deliver key growth metrics. Strong knowledge of and experience with tactical consumer device product delivery, supply chain systems and logistics, and GTM processes is required.
No day is the same for the Sr Product Manager. Day to day activities or responsibilities include: Championing your product across the greater enterprise for awareness; vetting the vision for your product with cross-functional teams in order to determine feasible solutions and pro-actively mitigate potential roadblocks; relationship building with teams responsible for the deliverables supporting your product; initiating, driving and reporting out on any capital and projects needed in order to deliver your product with a high degree of quality and outstanding customer experience in focus; writing product requirements; determining specifications; creating the product road map; driving technical delivery end to end; defining scope for releases/product increments; partnering with development, supply chain, project/program management, marketing, and other key stakeholders to define release schedule; and support/drive go-to-market activities.
This position can be located in Bellevue, WA; Overland Park, KS; Denver, CO; or Atlanta, GA
- At least 18 years of age
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering, IT or equivalent experience.
- 3 years of experience in managing commercial products in a large scale company/application/product environment.
- Proven success in delivering consumer hardware products to market
- Proven success in delivering software with multiple project management methodologies and commonly used tools.
- Experience in delivering large and complex business/technology initiatives.
- Proven ability to effectively and efficiently communicate with Leadership, while employing a high degree of collaboration and influence.
- Proven success in directing matrixed resources and delivering software, with Agile Scrum methodologies and other commonly used tools, across multiple teams.
- Experience with Agile backlog/project management tools.
- 7 years of relevant Product Management experience in an agile software product development environment. Advanced level understanding of customer experience.
- Drives end to end delivery of products or features with moderate to high level of complexity and scope. This includes creating, managing, maintaining, and communicating product requirements and roadmap and initiating and managing supporting projects.
- Authors requirements and drives implementation of ideal supply chain solutions with the end goal of providing a top-tier customer experience while reducing capital cost and time to market whenever possible
- Partners with Marketing to understand end user product research.
- Partners with business and internal/external stakeholders to understand current customer experience, identifies areas of opportunity.
- Works with stakeholders and follows enterprise process to secure and maintain product funding.
- Communicates, influences, and sells ideas at Director level and below.
- Conducts specific ad hoc analysis and provides insights to management on request.
- Recommends product feature set or technical improvements to improve customer experience.
- Works with external third parties to assess partnerships and licensing opportunities.
- Drives supply chain activities in support of lob channel expansion and growth as the product owner
- Leverages customer insights for product vision, strategy, roadmap, priorities.
- Dedicates time to customer issues to build deeper empathy and understand their needs and priorities.
- Actively looks for opportunities to delight or meet customer’s unmet needs.
- Creates an environment and culture where the team is immersed in customer-first mindset.
- Translates product/platform strategy by writing detailed requirements, features and user stories consumable for Dev teams for moderately complex products and services.
- Owns and manages product backlog and priorities with our business and technology partners.
- Scopes and prioritizes activities based on business and customer impact.
- Collaborates with Architecture and Dev teams to ensure technical debt and long term technical investment is factored into roadmap.
- Ensures existing production defects are factored into regular backlog prioritization for resolution based on priority.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and Dev / Execution teams to create and communicate anticipated release schedule.
- Manages and maintains efficient flow of just-in-time feature and story elaboration activities across all project teams throughout execution, typically maintaining 2 iterations (Sprints) worth user stories ‘ready’ for Dev in Team Backlogs.
- In scaled teams, holds regular meetings and coordination activities with other PM’s and Product Owners (if applicable) to ensure parallel work is in sync and dependencies are known.
- Generates and maintains dashboards and reports that track product health and success metrics, technical KPI’s.
- Collaborates with advertising and public relations to promote product.
- Supports sales, marketing, and other stakeholder teams with product or technical knowledge and additional documentation.
- Assists with the overall execution relating to all aspects of the software development process, from defining the strategy and architecture through deployment and support.
- Communicates technical challenges to stakeholders and makes educated trade-off decisions based on those challenges.
- Accountable for product quality and performance in production environment. Accountable for product team response in event of critical or high impacting defect, including communications to stakeholders at all levels.
- Identify execution, operational, organizational issues that impede product success. Drive improvement plan to change or resolve issues
We take equal opportunity seriously—by choice.
T-Mobile USA, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All decisions concerning the employment relationship will be made without regard to age, race, ethnicity, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, citizenship status, veteran status, the presence of any physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Discrimination, retaliation or harassment based upon any of these factors is wholly inconsistent with how we do business and will not be tolerated.