This job posting has expired
Associate Software Engineering
Location : Dallas, TX
Headquarters : Southlake, Texas, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Req ID: 54452
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre Corporation is a leading technology provider to the global travel and tourism industry. Headquartered in Southlake, Texas, USA, Sabre operates offices in approximately 60 countries around the world. At Sabre, we make travel happen. Positioned at the center of the business of travel, our platform connects people with experiences that matter in their lives. Today, Sabre is creating a new marketplace for personalized travel. It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs or our airline, hotel and travel agency customers. Join our journey!
What's all about?
The Associate Software Engineer is a member of the development team for Sabre Hospitality Solutions. The engineer works under the guidance of the technical lead and other team members to implement new functionality and resolve defects in existing functionality.
Our agile approach to software development breaks work into sprints. Within each sprint, the engineer is responsible for taking design artifacts and turning them into a finished product complete with unit tests.
- Embodies integrity and has the attitude to do the job right the first time.
- Student of software engineering with a desire to learn and grow.
- Disciplined programmer who has a passion for technology.
- Develop software as per business and technical requirements.
- Maintain software engineering best practices and software coding best practices.
- Maintain detailed documentation of code.
- Works directly with QA and testing staff to quickly resolve testing and quality issues.
- C# with Visual Studio 2012 and higher
- Familiarity with Angular or React
- Third-party tools: Prolers, Resharper, PostSharp, Soap UI (a plus)
- Basic SQL knowledge writing queries, procedures and packages
- Intermediate – Understands basic joins, case statements, basic indexing theory.
- .NET Framework
- Intermediate – Able to get up to speed on alternate frameworks/libraries quickly, can take what they have learned in other areas, and apply that experience to get up to speed on new things quickly and effectively.
- ASP.NET MVC and Web Development
- Basic – Mastered the basic Model, View and Controller classes, and understands how they
- work together to paint a screen.
- Can dynamically alter the style of elements by id, class or element type.
- Understands how to make use of AJAX or JSON methods.
o 1+ years as a professional .net developer or .net software engineer
o Object Oriented Design and Development
o Agile Development
What's in it for you?
- Very competitive compensation
- Generous Paid Time Off (5 weeks PTO your first year!)
- 4 days (one day/quarter) of Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- We offer a comprehensive medical, dental and Wellness Program
- 12 weeks paid parental leave
- An infrastructure that allows flexible working arrangements
- Formal and informal reward, recognition and acknowledgement programs
- Lots of fun and employee development events
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Developer, Programmer, .NET, Database, SQL, Technology