This job posting has expired
Software Technologist I(C++,Yocto,Linux)
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
Job TitleSoftware Technologist I(C++,Yocto,Linux)
We are seeking Embedded Software Engineer to join a high performing team and assist in several high visibility projects!
You are responsible for:
- Participate in the development of application software
- Analyzes and understands the Software/Functional Requirements Specification
- Owning the design (high level and detailed) of the system.
- Should be hands on with design, implementation, testing, and documentation
- Performing unit testing of the code.
- Contributes to Features/User stories for modules/SDS /Test strategy
- Providing technical guidance in a technical, functional/domain area and participates in technical decisions
- Working with engineers and other team members for the quality and timely deliveries.
- Participates in peer reviews for project artifacts and ensure the quality of deliverables
- Supports in project estimation, planning and risk management activities
- Keeps abreast of technical developments in own field through study, technical contacts and propagate it
- Guides and coaches the project team in technology and domain
- Interacts effectively with other functions (verification, Quality, regulatory, project mgmt) for the success of the project
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- 5+years of experience in software development, understanding hardware schematic
- The candidate should have knowledge of testing hardware with oscilloscope etc
- Solid knowledge of Embedded Linux Operating Systems, low-level software (device drivers, kernel configuration), Yocto, BitBakerecipes, U-Boot with proven hands-on experience
- Experience of working with Board Support Packages and Hardware bring up
- Advanced knowledge of C, C++ and shell scripts
- Solid hands-on exposure to Git, TFS and Github
- Solid hands-on exposure to schematic diagrams and hardware test equipment
- Experience in development of electronic circuit design
- Proficiency in Python and Labgrid
- Knowledge of database and testing systems like Netdata, InfluxDB
- Very good understanding of ARM Cortex-A Architecture
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 2.5 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways. Learn more by watching this video.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there,you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
If you forgot your password, you can click the Forgot Password button on the Sign In screen to reset it.